“Great service and food knowledge”
Review of Loch Fyne

Loch Fyne
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Knowle
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had dinner her on Thursday evening. I hadn’t been here before although we’d visited other restaurants in the group. Lovely set up and venue, easy and free parking nearby so all good. Nice welcome when we arrived and were shown to lovely table by the window. We were advised our server would be Mike, and I liked this personal touch. Drinks were offered and arrived swiftly. The menu is varied with the usual Loch Fyne delicious things like smoked salmon, mussels and scallops etc and some interesting items like Haggis Scotch egg with a delicate curry dressing, which I had. My fellow diners had lovely mussels and they were fantastic. We were informed that there were new items on the menu and Mike described them all really well, in fact I had all the new ones: haggis scotch egg and pan fried cod with lentils in red wine. The Goan seafood curry and pork belly were also excellent. Service was speedy and also personal with Mike having a nice chat and made us feel welcome. I would recommend you visit, the ambience, service and food are all excellent.

1  Thank Outcooking
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Loch Fyne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for the high rating, it's really appreciated. Michael thanks you for mentioning him and he’s glad you had a good evening under his service.

Write a reviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

An evening of great food and excellent service. Not that this is unusual for the Knowle Loch Fyne. Will certainly be back soon.
Thanks for a most enjoyable evening.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
1  Thank David C

David C, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always top quality food, lovely venue and nice staff. I would recommend without hesitation. I’ll be back.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you so much for your positive comments about our pub, have a great day!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited early evening on weekday. Brusque waiter/?manager who seemed to go from reasonably attentive to couldn’t care less when we only ordered soft drinks and didn’t want starters. My food was good but my friend’s fish batter was very over cooked and the fish itself was dry. The place was not busy so I felt service could have been more attentive and friendly. Certainly would not visit again in a hurry which is a shame as all previous visits have been great.

Date of visit: September 2019

Hi Ballet13, I'm concerned about the poor rating you've given us. Is there anything in particular that we could have been better? If you'd like to share more about your experience with me, please get in contact as I'd really like to understand how we can improve 01564 732750

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a wonderful meal at Loch Fyne on Friday 13th September, made even better by the excellent service we received from our waiter Mike. He was very attentive and even played along with a joke that we wanted to play on one of our guests! He answered any questions we had about the menu politely and clearly and has a great sense of humour, nice to have such good service!

1  Thank Jackie F

Thanks for the high rating, it's really appreciated. Michael is always cheerful, and says thank you for your mentioning him :)