“The Black Boy does it again!!!”
Review of The Black Boy

The Black Boy
Ranked #15 of 24 Restaurants in Knowle
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have been here with my family numerous times. Th pub is lovely, friendly, and food is fab. The outside area is great too. For me theres nothing better after a stressful week at work chilling with a nice lager watching the barges pass up and down the river.

There are newer reviews for The Black Boy

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ate there in the evening when staying in the area for a night. Lovely canal side pub with plenty of outside seating in the garden by the canal. Need to book as very popular. Very helpful landlord.
I had a great veggi Tikka Masala curry and my husband an excellent steak. (Would like the menu for the curry as it was great) In fact we enjoyed our visit so much that the next day we were meeting up with the BMW Z4 forum and all 20 cars went there for a luchtime drink on our recommendation.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Decided to go out for dinner for a family meal, I'm husband had just got back after working away for a couple of days. The sun was shining and it was a lovely day. Until we went to the Black Boy!!! We ordered food that took over a hour and a half to come... The service was ridicules... The food was cold... They came out after a hour and ten minutes saying they haven't got the burger for one of our kids... When they actually brought our food out it was cold and two of the meals was wrong... We all ended up eating separately... Staff was rude... And believe me I could go on and on!!!! Deducting!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Lovely friendly pub,great food and service with a smile.sat in the beer garden and has a play area my little girl loved.will definatley go back soon

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Called in here yesterday for an afternoon around 3pm, as we have done a few times in the past. Walked in the door to be greeted by the tail end of a queue which the solitary barman "barked" was the queue for drinks, the man in front of us said he had been there 20 mins already. Every table you could see was stacked high with dirty plates and glasses, we asked about food and were told it would take two and a half hours !!! At this point we gave up and left.
We went 500 yards to the next pub down the road and had a lovely afternoon by the canal. We won't be going back any sunny day soon.