Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

Not so impressive ... worn out furniture very outdated bathroom just felt like stayed in a roadside cheap lodge ...wont recommend ...also too far from main city center ..almost last station to BTS (bearing) breakfast was less then average .. its just 2 star and not 4 ...saw 4 star on agoda not really though .

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sureerat T, Manager at Clef Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and glad that you comfortable along your stay. We will take your advice to improve our hotel.

Reviewed April 13, 2017

We took a school group here from China in early April for 4 nights. There are pluses and minuses. Firstly - I took a school group! So if you're after a quiet stay, perhaps ask if school groups are there, because there was at least another one when we stayed and looking at other reviews it does seem to be popular with groups. Secondly, it is quite far out of town and from the airport so you need to be prepared to put in some effort to getting to places that are good to see. What's the hotel like? Strange to be honest. Upon arrival you are greeted b a stunning lobby that raises your expectations massively, but the furnishings and facilities in other aspects of the hotel don't quite match up to that first impression. I could list things ad nauseum but won't, suffice it to say the worst bit of my room was (as others have mentioned in other reviews) the shower which had little pressure in its water delivery. I want to find positives so Ill tell you that the bed was great - I slept very well here and was very comfortable.
The food in the restaurant is decent, but the choice limited, in addition the drinks menu is quite small. Were the staff helpful? Yes.
As someone else has said, you get what you pay for. For a work trip? Fine. If I was traveling for leisure, I wouldn't enjoy it.

Room tip: Check about school groups
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Sureerat T, Manager at Clef Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2017

Reviewed March 10, 2017

Yuck. On the positive, rooms did to appear to be relatively clean (relatively), and most of the staff did try their best, it seemed.

Where to start with the negatives. Uncomfortable beds with one very thin pillow. Paper thin walls which made it near impossible to sleep if there was any activity at all next door. First hotel I have been in for ever that required a key to manually lock doors...and given my inexperience with this primitive mode of security resulted in my door being left unlock rather often (nothing taken). Peeling paint in the bathroom. Nearly zero water pressure in the shower. TV had a few channels, although very limited, and none I could understand. Communication was a challenge. No gym, no pool...no nothing really, except a really poor room. A bunch of local street fare within walking distance for those feeling adventurous, but no real sit down more traditional restaurant I could find. In house restaurant is actually not bad, but closes at 9:30 PM. Breakfast buffet is adequate....but you are so tired from lack of sleep night before it is hard to tell.

MUCH better suited for the North Asia tour operators shuffling their naïve tour groups through than a discerning traveler looking for a comfortable stay. My childs football team stayed there due to proximity to the pitches...and all agreed....never again.

Room tip: There are no good rooms
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Sureerat T, Manager at Clef Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2017

Reviewed March 6, 2017

We took up a bunch of Under 18 rugby players up for the Bangkok 10's International Rugby Tournament. This Hotel was near to where the games were played over the 25 & 26 February 2017. We stayed 5 nights.

The Hotel picked us all up from the airport with prior arrangement and dropped off the boys again after the trip.

Staff were very friendly and helpful from the Reception, right through to the cleaners and gardener. The Manager/Concierge of the Breakfast/dinning room was exceptional with his assistance and help with anything that we asked or requested.

The hotel has a bit of wear & Tear with regards to some carpets, paint off some doors and the shower heads not functioning as they did when new.

However it was very clean and could not fault the service.

Great Hotel for cost, location is on the BTS Reading and only a 5-10 minute walk from the Hotel. So you can get into the main part of Bangkok (Central Station) for THB52, in about 20-30 minutes.

No pool which would have been good for the boys to recover from the humidity after the games.

But hey we would use again if we toured up again for another tournament.

The street Restaurants and stalls were all great and cheap to eat at. The Pad Thai in front of the 711 store was unreal.

Room tip: We had rooms on the fourth & fifth floors. With having boys under 18 was not necessary quite for all on the floor.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

I chose Clef Hotel after reading the positive reviews. When I arrived I was impressed by the design of the foyer; quirky and almost Scandinavian in style. Once in the lift (covered in denim?!) I started to suspect that the reception was where the style stopped, particularly as I was holding an actual key rather than a key card. The hallway carpets were old looking and the doors were a bit shabby. The shabby theme continued in the room. Cracked paint, poorly maintained furniture and bathroom. That said the room was clean. My bed was extremely hard and there were only 2 or 3 western news programmes on the tv. Breakfast was a basic buffet style affair which included an 'egg station'. All I can say again is that the chef didn't understand that egg shell wasn't acceptable in an omelette. This is barely 3 star and NOT 4 star as suggested. Good points: cheap and clean. In the end I paid for another more comfortable hotel for my last night in Bangkok.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Leesuzy71
Sureerat T, Manager at Clef Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2017