All reviews pool area tennis courts one night shark bites gated complex a lot of noise per hour kids zone outdoor restaurant white shark perfect ending free airport transfer fantastic facilities reception staff golf resort this wonderful hotel will visit again
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020

We stayed in the hotel for 1 night only. The hotel was near to the airport which was our priority. Staff in the hotel is nice and professional. Rooms are comfortable and clean. We had a room with view on the golf course but unfortunately we couldn't sit on the balcony as there is a pond and tousends of mosquitos. There is a nice swimming pool in the hotel, very quiet, tennis courts, gym etc. Breakfast was very tasty with good selection of everything. I visited hotel spa, the thai massage was amazing, great choice before the long trip home. Hotel is very far from the centre of Bangkok and all the attractions, so I can't recommend it to someone who wants to see Bangkok but it's great if you stop in Bangkok as a part of your trip and you want to be close to the airport.

Date of stay: January 2020
EHTCB G, General Manager at Eastin Thana City Golf Resort Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Mkwxx,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at Eastin Thana City Golf Resort Bangkok. It gives us great pleasure to read that found your room to be clean and comfortable. I also was glad to read that you satisfied with gentleness of our resort staff and our resort facilities.

At Eastin Thana City Golf Resort Bangkok, we strive to provide great service to all our guests. We are managed by Absolute Hotel Services, an International brand from Thailand which has 4 brands under its flagship – NAMELY Eastin Hotels & Residences, Eastin Grand Hotels, Eastin Easy and U Hotels & Resorts.

If I may, I would like to take this opportunity to share some of Local Attractions that nearby our resort. We are close to many Ancient City museums and the Bangplee Floating Market which was constructed 150 years ago. We also provide a free shuttle van service to the Megabangna Shopping Centre which is perfect for anyone looking to do some shopping or escape from the Bangkok heat.

However, I would like to apologize for the mosquito bites you experienced in the evenings. Unfortunately, part of being in the tropics means dealing with these unwelcome pests. In an effort to limit the number of mosquitos on our property, we conduct regular treatments and recommend that guests keep their balcony door closed at night to keep them from getting in to the rooms. I’ll have a chat with my team to see if there is anything else we can do to help keep their numbers down.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

I feel slightly torn writing this review as there are both positives and negatives to our stay...

We arrived to the hotel after travelling from Krabi at around 10.15pm (the airport pick up was great and very efficient) at check in we did find there to be an atmosphere between the staff, we dont speak the language but raised voices & body language are universal!! I asked if we could still order food as we were quite hungry to be told the kitchen was already closed, upon arrival at our room we noticed in the information booklet that last orders were 10.30pm & people were still sat in the restaurant so I'm quite sure they could have made us something basic, disappointing. The key card also states the restaurant is open until 11.30pm so it's all quite conflicting! It wouldnt usually have bothered us as normally we would nip out for something but you are really in the middle of nowhere here!! After a few calls to reception they agreed to have the driver take us to the nearest shop (1 packet of crisps in the mini bar wouldnt have gone far between 2 of us!) luckily, outside the shop were several street food carts so we managed to get something.

Positives on this hotels are rooms are nice and modern, grounds are well kept, nice relaxing pool area and the breakfast selection was great.

Its just a shame we had a bit of a rough start! Especially when you just want to relax before starting a long journey home the next day!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
EHTCB G, General Manager at Eastin Thana City Golf Resort Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear LaurenN754,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at Eastin Thana City Golf Resort Bangkok. It gives us great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your room and its facilities and were happy with our airport pickup services.

However, I would like to express my apologies for the issue that you faced during your arrival. I have passed your review on to our Front Office Manager so that we can discuss solutions to the problem. We will work better to inform our guests of our food outlets’ opening hours and remind them that they may need to purchase food before arriving at the hotel so that we can continue to improve our guests’ experiences during their time with us.

I have also shared your comments with our food and beverage manager who will take your feedback into consideration as we work towards improving our food and beverage outlets. Hopefully in the near future we will be able to offer our in-house guests a few choices for food once our outlets have closed for the evening.

Once again, thank you for sharing your valuable comments. Your feedback helps us constantly improve by informing us of the areas in which we can improve on. We look forward to welcoming you back to Eastin Thana City Golf Resort Bangkok on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for the last 3 nights of our Thailand vacation with the expectation of being able to relax by the pool and play some tennis and other sports.

I agree mostly with the last review that this is not a particularly relaxing place. The lobby is open air with no A/C and we we were sweltering by the time we were done checking in. This was partly because we were there longer than we should have been due to shortage of front desk staff and poor abilities to communicate in English. The exception here was "Kate" who appeared to be a manager. As long as we were dealing with her, we were ok.

The pick up service from the airport was great so no complaints there.

The pool was lovely, but it was just too hot to lie by it in the afternoon. Also, the toilets were quite a distance from the pool and with the heat, this wasn't pleasant. Add to this the fact that wifi is spotty at the pool, if it works at all. In fact, the only place the wifi worked on the resort was in our room (and even then, we often lost our connection) and in the main building.

Regarding tennis, when we tried to book a court, it took forever- again because of language difficulties - and almost none were available as they had a kids tennis academy going on at the time. This was for several weeks. I feel this should have been advertised on the website before we booked. Also, my error, but I assumed there would be indoor courts and there weren't. One hour in Bangkok heat playing tennis, even in the evening, was all we could take. We didn't play more than that. My son wanted to shoot some hoops on the basketball court, but they also charge for that - minimum 1 hour court rental at same price as tennis courts. We paid, but the nets were so low to the ground and the attendant couldn't figure out how to raise them. So we thought we would try out the ping pong. No luck there as the room was closed and they wouldn't let us in. Ultimately, no a/c in there either.

So, sports were a bust. The gym looked ok - not great, but I was sick and couldn't use. Obviously not the hotel's fault here.

Breakfast was fine, nothing to write home about. The hotel caters primarily to East Asian tourists from China and Korea so most of the buffet was Asian food.

We didn't try the Chinese restaurant on site, but it appeared empty every time I poked my head in to check. We ate mostly at Splash restaurant. The food was mediocre and you get what you pay for. Service at Splash was friendly and they tried hard with their limited English to accommodate a severe food allergy. I have to give them credit for that.

The room itself was fine (we got the basic one) and the a/c worked well. The cleaning staff did a great job.

All in all, a very average stay with a number of misses on the country club facilities and English language abilities. I would recommend this hotel for one night before/after a flight in order to be near the airport, but not more. There is little to do in the area and the Mega Bangna mall can be done in an afternoon - great place to catch a movie(limited selection) or do some bowling/ ice skating. The hotel has a shuttle service to the mall, but you have to get yourself back. Too bad, really.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank juneb691
EHTCB G, General Manager at Eastin Thana City Golf Resort Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Dear Juneb691,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at Eastin Thana City Golf Resort Bangkok. We sincerely apologise that your experience did not meet your expectations.

We are very appreciative of your feedback as it helps to inform us of any areas in need of improvement. I would like to offer my apologies if you were uncomfortable during check in as a result of the weather. I want to ensure you that your feedback on our check in procedure will be shared with our Front Office Manager so that we can work to improve the efficiency of the entire process.

Your feedback on our sports club is greatly appreciated and also has been shared with our Director of Sport in order to improve the quality of services provided to our guests and to ensure our guests’ overall satisfaction.

After reading your review, may I express how truly sorry I am for the inconveniences you faced regarding the limited English capabilities of our staff has also been discussed with the appropriate departments. Our resort has a regular English training program, but we have introduced immediate additional training for our staff to ensure that communication issues such as you described will not happen in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay with us. I hope that the inconveniences you endured do not stop you from staying with us in the future and that we are given another chance to prove our high standards to you on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

I was really looking forward to a day here to relax between trips in Myanmar/Thailand and Bali and instead turned into a total headache. I'm probably going to sound a bit high maintenance but believe me, I'm not. I can stay at less than ideal hotels and be happy as long as there is good service. The only thing I can give credit to the hotel for is the efficient airport pickup, pretty grounds and a great gym (didn't use but I wanted to as it looked wonderful). Aside from that I was appalled by the inconveniences. I arrived at BKK at 10:30 pm. I was picked up with a family of 4. We arrived and there was only one person doing check in however there were a few employees around. I patiently waited in the hot and humid lobby until they were done. Mind you, I was not sitting with them nor was I communicating with them. I stood up to get someone's attention after they were done and they looked puzzled and I had to explain I wasn't with them. Now, it wouldn't have taken a brain surgeon to figure that out considering they also planned the transport for 2 separate parties. So it wasn't until after midnight I got to my room. The rooms are modern with plenty of outlets. Bed is ok. Not great not bad. I was thoroughly exhausted and couldn't wait to sleep. I took a shower noticing there was quite a bit of mold in the shower and the dirty trashcan was sitting literally right in front of the toilet. Weird. So I attempted to go to bed when a family - or several people with very loud children came what sounded like storming onto the floor. Now it's past 1 am. They had at least 2 rooms and were going back and forth slamming doors and talking very loudly. When I poked my head out the door the woman and asked to please keep it down it's past 1 am - presumably the mother - said "I don't know what you're talking about I just got here.". BS. None of it stopped. I attempted about 5 times to call the front desk and no one answered. I finally got through about 30 minutes later and the woman asked me if I wanted to move rooms!!! No! Why should I have to move rooms in the middle of the night? The hotel should go knock on the other guests door and tell them to be quiet. I decided at that point to book another room elsewhere because I cannot deal with this one more night when I have to wake up at 3 am for a very early flight . This ruckus went on til 3 am until I finally fell asleep after taking 2 Xanax. I woke up with even more of a headache than I went to bed with. I wanted more water than the 2 bottles provided and they had 2 glass bottles in their minibar - but guess what - they aren't twist off lids- do you think they provided a bottle opener? Nope! So I got dressed and strolled to the breakfast area to check out the buffet. It was very hot and humid and much of the food that was supposed to be cold was just sitting out - meats and cheeses. Recipe for food poisoning? I wanted nothing to do with their breakfast at this point. The other thing is that their website states they have parcel and package services. When I inquired about mailing a box home they had no clue what I was talking about. I had them get my bags from my room and called a cab. When I asked the lobby if they had a bottle of water I could have they told me I would need to BUY it at the restaurant. Seriously - after knowing what I dealt with, they couldn't give me a bottle of water? Also - most hotels will give you one if you ask. This place is just a seriously pain in the you know what! Maybe it's ok for kids as there is a playground and pool.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear lmont412,

We welcome all feedback as it provides us with a valuable insight into our services from our guests’ perspective and can inform us of areas in need of improvement.

I would also like to apologise that your check in was less than satisfactory. Your feedback has been shared with our Front Office Manager in order to improve the check in experience, as our friendly and efficient check in procedure should not change based on the time our guests check in.

Again, please accept my apologies for the disruption to your sleep during your stay. The issue of guests making noise in the hallway has already been brought to our attention and hopefully we will be able to come up with a proper solution in the near future. In the meantime, I will have my staff members remind both tour operators and guests who are arriving or checking out during the night to remain respectful of other guests who are still sleeping.

In additional, I have passed on your comments regarding your room to my Director of Housekeeping, who has informed me that he will be reviewing the proper room cleaning procedures with his team to ensure that all rooms are cleaned to the proper standards.

Furthermore, I would like to offer my apologies if you were uncomfortable during your breakfast time as a result of the weather. We provide a service table in the air-condition room, which can help guests stay cool during breakfast in the hotter months.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. May I end by saying that I deeply regret any inconveniences the above-mentioned issues caused, and hope to welcome you back to our resort the next time you are in Bangkok.

Reviewed December 18, 2019 via mobile

Positively surprised by the excellent service and comfort. It was a stay on our way to our second destination, but we could have stayed even longer if had known this place before. I can easily recommend for stopovers, free shuttle (every hour) is provided.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank cagribal
EHTCB G, General Manager at Eastin Thana City Golf Resort Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2019

Dear cagribal,

We would like to thank you for such pleasant feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It gives us great pleasure to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience at Eastin Thana City Golf Resort Bangkok.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Bangkok.