“Lovely little B & B”

Ranked #4 of 5 Sidbury B&B and Inns
Banbury
“Lovely little B & B”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Lovely little B & B, only stayed 1 night as we had dropped my daughter in Bristol and fancied a night away. Very welcoming, comfy room, great cooked breakfast and had we stayed longer we would have tried out the guest lounge. Roz could not have been more helpful.

Room Tip: We had room 5 which has a saniflo waste system. This was quite noisy, even when you run the basin ta...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed at rose cottage this August 2013,at my arrival I encountered a dog barking at me which put me slightly on edge. Roz took me through the kitchen to my room and the kitchen had 2 dogs lying on the floor, very unhygienic considering the guest food are all prepared there. Our bed was very uncomfortable we did not get much sleep at all, The room smelt musty with stains on the carpet and the wardrobe doors were hanging off. Very small bathroom, the base of the toilet and behind the toilet were filthy,and the toilet brushes were disgusting. I asked for clean towels several times but did not get them, think the owners were intoxicated hence forgetting my clean towels. I have to say I was very disappointed after reading what a lovely b&b this was and then to stay and discover it was quite the opposite. Only positive was the location,Sidbury and Sidmouth were beautiful.

Room Tip: Find another B&B
Stevenage
Reviewed September 5, 2013

the breakfast was good and the bathroom was clean.
but the mattress on the king sized bed was very worn and needs to be replaced.
And although I asked for the ironing board and iron twice it failed to appear.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at the Rose Cottage Guest House, a B and B in nearby Sidbury on August 7th while attending the Sidmouth Folk Festival. The proprietor Roz and her son Luke were so helpful and kind. The room was light and airy with a nice view of the village. There are paintings on the wall with a fishing and seafront theme (as the shore is 3 miles away, very appropriate). Teas and biscuits were waiting for us, with comfortable beds. Breakfast is included and what a breakfast. Handmade sausages from the local butcher, fresh fruit, various cereals, farm fresh eggs...the highlight of the stay. We would definitely stay there again as it is just far enough from Sidmouth to avoid being kept up all night with the sounds of revelry.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the hillside if you can.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere at Rose Cottage.
Parking was no problem, breakfast was excellent although it was a little early for us (served between 8 and 9am) and there is a lovely garden for you to relax in if you want to.

The only irritation, was the buses that were not running on time probably due to the music festival that was on the week we stayed. They only run every hour so if you miss one you had a long wait, but we were told that Sidbury was lucky to still have a bus service as the surrounding areas now don't have a service.

Room Tip: The top floor has a king size bed and is very quiet, but do not choose this room if you that have pr...
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had a two day stay here for a nearby wedding - I was made to feel very welcome upon arrival and had a very nice breakfast on the first morning.

I checked out on Sunday morning, having had maybe one or two glasses of champagne too many, and, having not really planned ahead, expected to spend a very long and miserable day waiting for my flight home at 6pm. Instead, Roz offered me tea and toast (even though I had missed the breakfast time by over two hours) and allowed me to spend the day in the lounge and (very nice) garden area with a steady supply of tea and coffee. She even offered to post a couple of goodies (which had no chance of getting through customs), received at the wedding to my address in Ireland - when I offered the money for the postage costs, Roz refused to take it. In short, Roz went above and beyond what I would expect of any B&B on the Sunday morning for me and I would 100% stay there again and would encourage others to do the same.

And the dogs are fantastic and really friendly - can't imagine them 'nipping' someone.

Oh and I had a great lunch on the Sunday as well, which I would also highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Chris M
sheffield
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This B&B is located in the village of Sidbury and has its own car park very useful. Food excellent both for breakfast and evening meal which needs to be ordered in advance. Host very pleasant all amenities including lounge free wifi and TV in rooms. Only downside was that the room and ensuite were a little on the small side.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple