“A Real Little Gem”
Review of La Petite Maison - CLOSED

La Petite Maison
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Look it up on the web. It's brilliant. I'm amazed you haven't got it listed
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have now been here twice and I should have left a review the first time but instead here is a tow-in-one!

The first time, we were recommended La Petit Maison by a friend. After hearing such great things we booked up for a meal on one of the nights of our Valentines weekend in Exeter. The Liz was wonderfully helpful at the time of booking and we had a perfect evening with some of the most amazing food I have ever had. The atmosphere was lovely and just about the right amount of time between courses. I adore that Douglas comes out at the end of the night and has a chat to patrons who are still there; we had a lovely and funny chat with him. Little touches are always the best, they somehow remembered that it was out Valentine’s treat and put little heart shaped sweets with our bill rather than the chocolates other people had (yes I’m afraid I did have a cheeky look around to see what others had!)

The second time, my other half asked me where I wanted to go for my Birthday. I said I didn’t like anywhere local as much as I liked La Petit Maison so I chose a “second best” local restaurant. He then booked up a surprise hotel for the weekend and we were back for our second visit! I can safely say this place was not a lucky first time! The food was just as gorgeous as the first time, the service attentive and friendly, timings between courses that we found perfect and of course a lovely wine. Douglas was again out at the end of the evening for another great chat – I mentioned I particularly loved one of the cheeses on my cheeseboard dessert he even pointed out the cheese shop down the street where he got the cheeses! I went straight round there the next morning to buy to take home.

We will without a doubt be back again; it is just a shame we don’t live in the same city as this amazing little place. A real gem and firmly at the top of my list.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Excellent service and food. Good ambience. Not overpriced - well worth a visit. Topsham has several restaurants and is a charming place.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Pretty restaurant with very good food offset by outragiously slow service.
About a ten minute taxi ride from Exeter

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Excellent service, great food have never had a bad experience. You need to make a reservation to get into this restaurant.

1  Thank AIC1632
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Booked a meal for 2 on a Friday night. The restaurant was busy when we arrived. The food was delicious but the service was very slow between courses even towards the end of our meal when the restaurant was less busy. We paid £100 for 2 including drinks and tip which I felt was reasonable value considering the quality of the food