“Phenomenal butter tarts”

A Little Taste Of Paradise
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Stirling
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Truly mouth watering. Fun flavors. My favorite was the chocolate peanut butter. Too bad they have calories.

1  Thank gottago2012

Reviewed April 1, 2014

After the 3 rave reviews, we were a bit disappointed. We had met another couple at the cafe at about 11:30 am on a Saturday.

Arriving before us, they had received coffee which they had to ask be warmed up right after being served. My later coffee was both hot and good.

The small salad that I ordered was delicious and of very good value. Though I noted with some surprise that the majority of their dressings are bottled ones. Why not have just 2-3 excellent homemade dressings, instead of just the one that they do make there (Caesar), along with a long list of commercial ones? Dressings are so easy to make.

My husband and I had both asked for the Cajun Chicken. We were expecting chunks of real chicken meat - in my salad and in his sandwich respectively. We were somewhat shocked to see a couple of thin, round slices of DELI "Chicken" arrive.

The Coconut Soup was well made. Complex and very interesting flavours though I found it a bit sweet for my own taste. The other man (a good home cook) said that his pot pie was rather spongy and when he asked about it, it was acknowledged that it had been reheated in a microwave. A no-no in good restaurants and it wasn't busy at the time. Our server was pleasant and courteous, but seemed to not be particularly knowledgeable about the menu.

The cafe was very clean and attractive.

Stirling is a lovely town and this place seems to have a lot of potential. Because it is quite a small cafe, it would take so little to ramp it up to where it should be and could be!

2  Thank HMK2
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This little bakery offers the best butter tarts around, lots of different flavours. I've had almost all of them. The pastry is flakey and flavourful and the fillings are divine. If you're travelling to Stirling for the day, make sure to have your lunch here. Great wraps, great soup, great quiches! I often recommend it to people.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Found this place while tripping from Peterborough to Kingston. I knew it must be the place to be once I saw the crowd inside and we weren't disappointed. I had the beef pot pie and my wife had a quiche. We were delighted with our choices to say the least. The staff were friendly, the price was right and while bigger premises would have been nice, the smaller space seemed to work just fine. Highly recommend A Little Taste of Paradise.

1  Thank Rick L
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Discovered this small bakery and café only yesterday - what a treat. Open Mon-Sat 8am-4PM - this is a real find - the baked goods are outstanding - including the house specialty - butter tarts - about 8 kinds..amazingly delicious...pies, muffins, breads also - there are 6 tables - the decor is modern and fresh...the owner Mandy Webb and her staff are friendly and they offer service with a smile....they serve scrumptious lunches - soups, salads, quiche, wraps and huge sandwiches on home made bread...all delicious..and nicely presented - there is no doubt you will enjoy every morsel and won't want to miss treating yourself to dessert. We were going to a 2PM matinee performance at the Stirling Festival Theatre - a few doors away on Main Street - and couldn't have found a nicer place to have a very pleasant pre-theatre lunch in this small quaint town. Incidentally - the Stirling Theatre is also worth attending - lots of talent and great performances.

5  Thank marleyandmike