“Great accommodation, great food, great hosts!”
Review of Pine Lodge Inn

Pine Lodge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Port Sydney B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Just returned from an overnight at the Pine Lodge Inn and couldn't have been more pleased. It is a wonderful spot with comfortable accommodations, reasonable priced and a superb restaurant right on site. I would highly recommend staying at the Pine Lodge Inn.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen T
There are newer reviews for Pine Lodge Inn

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I should have written this review a long time ago..

Stayed here for a weekend for a nearby wedding January 2012 with 3 other guys. Got a great deal on their suite that was very clean and well maintained. Great tv, lounge area, kitchenette, and outdoor patio with bbq (although we couldnt use it). Property is right on the lake and it was beautiful in the winter.

Friendly and helpful staff who immediately fixed a water problem that we had in the morning one day. Also a great on-site restaurant that does a mean Sunday brunch that is popular with the locals and with snowmobilers.

I would definitely recommend this inn to anyone looking to stay in the area. The only thing I could suggest would be to allow online bookings through their website. I had some trouble calling and getting a hold of the owner/manager to book the room, pure logistics, but we eventually hooked up to complete the reservation.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I booked this place by chance a couple of months ago when we were searching for somewhere along the snowmobile trail. We were very lucky we did!! We were greeted by Paul & Connie - they make you feel like old friends that they've been waiting to arrive. Paul showed us to our room which was very nice and simple - which is best considering all the snowmobile gear we had with us! The bed was so comfortable - my husband is 6'8" and has back problems so we are always worried about the beds no matter where we stay. He woke up feeling great!

The restaraunt is fantastic, order the brie early incase they run out! Connie makes a great martini - but watch out for her "Lemon Drops" - they WILL drop you! Connie and Paul make you feel so welcome - have a bevy at the bar later in the evening after the dinner rush and they'll tell you all about the extensive renovations that they have just gone through, which helps you understand how much history is here (it's been there since 1927!!) and how much they care to keep it a special place.

They also have a lovely lounge area with comfy couches and fire place where I love to curl up with my book waiting for my husband to wake up so we can have our breakfast. For which I highly recommend the eggs benedict! (Even though every time I tell myself to order the healthier choice of yogurt and fruit. . .)

We have been there twice this season already and plan to return a few more times before the season is done.

See you soon Paul & Connie!!

Jen & Dave

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Everything about the new Pine Lodge Inn is fantastic. The rooms are nice and comfortable, the food is amazing and the hosts are very generous and hospitable. The snowmobile trail is right down the road for easy access.

Paul and Connie are great hosts! My truck even got stuck on the side of the road and they came to the rescue without blinking an eye!

I would recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This establishment speaks to how Port Sydney can emerge to be a fancy, quaint and charming Village, yet stick to roots. Historic pictures on the walls remind us of the deep Port Sydney history. The menu is slightly hip and I believe will get better with time (I plan to update my review). I recommend first timers order dishes that 'you can't go wrong' with. Anything with fries is going to make you happy. Try any of the sandwiches though expect a disproportionate amount of cole slaw on the plate, stay away from the wings unless you are a fan of breading. The accommodations are modern, lovely and quite clean. The renovations to Pine Lodge are substantial; sheek with the cottage feel. And, oh yes, as others have mentioned, Connie and Paul are great hosts!

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite, rooms 7 or 8 upstairs
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank CoolTripper
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Had a fantastic weekend. Good food, lovely rooms with very comfortable beds and great service. Paul and Connie were very gracious hosts and made us feel completely at home. We would definitely stay there again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Paul and Connie Derry are gracious hosts and offer generous hospitality to their guests and make them feel like valued family members. We had an extraordinary weekend where most of the guests at the Inn were there to celebrate and attend my son's wedding in Port Sydney. The Inn was full but the hospitality never waned, no matter what time it was, 2 PM or 2 AM. Honestly I don't know where Paul and Connie get their energy and endurance, but no matter what they have always had a quick smile and continually addressed their guests needs.

The rehearsal dinner was a Western BBQ and all the dishes were absolutely fabulous! The ribs were among the best I had ever ate; and being from Alberta, I have ate alot of ribs to compare them to. Fabulous Chef!!!

The rooms were modern, clean and comfortable!

I would highly recommend the Pine Lodge Inn to anyone who is looking for a wonderful getaway from the loudness of life!!!

Very sincerely,
Linda Coyle,
Calgary AB.

Room Tip: Choose a suite ...with the fireplace.... large, quiet and unique.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
#4 of 18 in Huntsville
Hidden Valley Resort
Hidden Valley Resort
#5 of 18 in Huntsville

Been to Pine Lodge Inn? Share your experiences!