“unhospitable”

and 1 more site!
Dotties Place Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 24 Butuan B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 28, 2013

upon arrival, no one opens the door for you because the guards were talking to the other employees. the desk staff did not greet and i thought she was not happy to see a client. when im inside the room, i did smell a terrible odor. too many mosquitoes and i saw spider webs at the bathroom. the shower took a lot of time to heat. no curtains at the window of the shower, you can even see the fence and the sky. the breakfast was buffet and they only have 3 kinds of dishes, 2 types of rice, a juice, coffee, and water. no fruits and you'll have to pay for a bread if you want to eat bread. good things, they use key cards for rooms and theres a pool near my room. the view of the pool makes the hotel nice. i dont want to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
7  Thank ordinarywty

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My stay at dottie's place hotel was pleasure as it is very close to city center, staff was always there if i needed help and very honest as i forgot my credit card in locker and had to call them from dubai , they found my card and handed back to my friend ,being diabetic they went all the way to offer me breakfast of my choice . I'll again stay there this year .

Room Tip: south side rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tariqpashamemon
Reviewed October 20, 2012

With all my reviews I do point out the good and bad points of a hotel. Let me first start with the bad points. The room we has was situated near the main highway and we were greeted by honks and engines buzzing. Nothing special on the room and quite frankly it requires a little updating. The complimentary breakfast we had was quite disappointing. It consists of pansit (stir fried noodles), Corned beef, plain rice, hard boiled egg and a glass of juice. The corned beef was not even hot when it was served and it looks as if it was sitting cold for quite some time thus it was not really good to taste. In contrary to the breakfast, the Crispy pata was delicious and price was fair enough. Overall I rate it as average as we were not actually able to fully seen the hotel due to our 1 night stay and that we merely checked in to rest for our trip to Davao.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Eugene101
Reviewed October 11, 2012

well what can i say, the rooms werent so expensive, the staff were very friendly and the food was great. I love having buffet breakfast and being in a great location. We were only here as a stopover but our short stay was pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank frankiev71
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We checked-in here, late one evening, because our booked accommodation suffered a brownout (power failure) and had no back-up generator.

I recall it being around 2230 hours, the reception staff didn't make us feel particularly welcome, the bar had already closed for the night thus no food and/or beverages were to be available until the next day and when we asked for a 2nd keycard, after all this was a reservation for two persons, we were frowned upon as if we were trying to steal keycards and an unfriendly monetary deposit was demanded from us.

As for the rooms, the biggest problem was that the air conditioning unit is below window level, horizontal with sleeping person(s) level, thus one tried to sleep with, effectively, a jet engine blasting away beside the bed for much of the night whilst, introducing to the room, the traffic noise that one might associate with the northern Mindanao main highway which is immediately outside of the window and the air conditioning unit.

Would I stay again? ..... NO!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Phileas_Fogg_UK
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My first room at Dotties was their executive suite with a kingsize bed. The room was spacious and at first glance clean. The TV remote didn't work, alerting the staff twice did nothing. The A/C was filled with stale water so we had the choice of sweating or smelling the stale water. The bathroom sink/faucet was leaking non-stop onto the floor and was quite slippery and the water in the shower was murky/dirty and had a weird smell too it. The room also came with a pet - a quite adventurous mouse who likes to gnaw or climb cables.

The next day I was moved to a smaller room that didn't have mice, smelly A/C or broken remote but the shower water was still murky/dirty. This would have been acceptable if they would have given us a discount but the staff was unwilling (or not allowed?) to negotiate our first room's price which I found completely unacceptable.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool area - it might be louder during the day but at least it's quiet by n...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mikl0s
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

This is a hotel for all its qualities and facilities. Ample parking, big executive suites, a pool, function halls and resto. Free breakfast needs improvement in variety though. And more towels in the rooms- face towel and floor towel please!

• Stayed: August 2012