“Wonderful evening”

Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Genga
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

Situaties in a very panoramic spot, a true hidden gem!
We enjoyed a great meal. It's fabulous for tasting the local cuisine. You can even order things outside the menu.
The hostess is sweet and takes really great care of you.
Really worth the extra mile.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (325)

Reviewed June 1, 2019

Cerqueto lies above the Frasassi caves, past Pierosa and the Osteria lies up a single track road, so it takes a little bit of finding, but well wrtth the effort. Within a few days we ate here and the better known Da Maria in Pierosa and we felt Osteria Cerqueto was far better.
We went on a Saturday lunchtime with 2 dogs in tow and were given a friendly welcome and shown up to the simple first floor dining room. The menu is short and simple, and the better for it, a few starters, some pasta dishes and simple grilled meats. We had toasted sourdough bread with burratini and anchovies (delicious) starters, followed by green gnocchi with a sauce of blue cheese, pears and walnuts, and tortelloni stuffed with porcini and a mushroom sauce, both dishes very fresh and tasty. Prices are very reasonable. Service was slow but friendly and relaxing - we enjoyed an authentic Italian dining experience very much.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Very delicious food, the lady that took care of us was very charming and helpful. I can. recommend it for sure!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed August 10, 2017

The restaurant catered for a large party (12 people) with out any problem and provided great food, wine and local beer.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed June 24, 2017

I visited this restaurant in May during the day, since I was visiting my parents hometown on a recent trip in May. I LOVED IT. I had an excellent tagliatelle with asparagus/sausage along with many other great dishes. The owner was great to talk to and the view was beautiful. Relaxing overlooking the countryside, away from the huzzle and buzzle of the city. There is seating for both indoors and outdoors. I'd like to try the evening to see how the view is at night - I'm sure it's breathtaking. Great value for money and a great selection of fresh food and wines.

The restaurant was completely redo from an old farmhouse in the past. We need restaurants like this in Toronto. Looking forward to visiting again in July this year!!!

Date of visit: May 2017