“Tourist menu Pranzo excellent value, and good quality particularly when located in a major tourist attraction”

Ristorante Francesco
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Genga
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since 1974, the family Conti, restaurant worker to Caves FRASASSI. In these 44 years , the owner Francesco, with his wife Josephine, chef of the restaurant and the sons Jonathan and Christian, have matured, the experience in welcoming their customers; working over the years with the most important Italian tour operators. The kitchen, now famous, is typical of the Marche; from simple flavors but inconfodibili, in which no detail is left to chance. Combine a visit to the caves with lunch at this restaurant is from 44 years the choice of many.
Reviewed July 28, 2019

My wife and I visited the caves with a friend and ate at this restaurant. The service was prompt, friendly and courteous and we ate outside under the covered terrace overlooking the wooded hillside. My wife and I chose the 16 euro tourist menu comprising bruschetta (bread which was very light drizzled with EV Olive oil -albeit a little lacking in garlic, a pasta dish and a main.My friend chose the burger and fries menu which he reported as very good and looked home made although this does not come with drinks etc but as our tourist menu included large bottles we could easily share between 3. THe bruschetta was followed by two types of pasta served on the same plate. The star of the whole meal for me was the pappardelle al cinghiale (wild boar) which had an ample amount of small pieces of meat in the sauce which differed from the usual mince in a ragu. The tagliatelle ai funghi porcini, lacked a bit of seasoning for me but was, nevertheless very good. The main was (untypical of Italy serving) meat with the vegetables and fries all on the same plate. I am glad it was not too big a portion as the generous amount of pasta preceding it was very filling. Dolce is not included nor is coffee but if you have the room you can order them. Nevertheless as a major tourist area the price to quality ratio is excellent..

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (484)

Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

This place can offer you a fantastic choice of Italian cuisine! Truffles meat, pasta and.... the best tiramisù I have ever eaten!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

My family and I were exhausted, and we needed something to eat very much. It was about 5:30 pm. When we hit the entrance door to ask for a four seat table, the owner just said it's closed! In a very rude way. I don't think I will take someone there!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

We visited the Frasassi caves and were utterly amazed at the scale of the speleological wonders on show. We then walked to Ristorante Francesco (which i confess was not our first choice) and were utterly delighted by the experience. Don’t be put off by the utilitarian decor. The fungi and dishes featuring tartufo were excellent. Veal was cooked to perfection. All in all excellent food at a reasonable price.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed August 16, 2015 via mobile

Came with a friend and their family on a busy public holiday. Though the place was packed everyone was served quickly and had loads to eat. Though they did a set menu on this day there was still choice and they catered for individual requirements. The price we paid was excellent value. The tiramisu dessert was like a little bit of heaven in a bowl.

Date of visit: August 2015