“Just average and be aware of fines!!”

Trattoria Hostaria da Marianna
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Genga
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Food is just average, we decided to go in this place to avoid eating near Frasassi caves ticketing place. Be careful because I parked in front of restaurant entrance and I got a fine from local police. On my opinion road signs are not sufficiently clear. Restaurant owners are fully aware about local police fines but they do not alert customers in advance! I am quite surprised about so many high scores for this restaurant in Trip Advisor, please do not trust them.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Crogiolandoallegro
Write a reviewReviews (904)

Reviewed July 24, 2017

After being bombarded by people with pamphlets about their restaurants in the parking lot of the Grotte di Frasassi attraction, we decided to go to Da Mariana as they had the best pitch. Arriving for a late lunch at 2, we were sat immediately and ordered a crescia (typical for the region), olive ascolane, tagliatelle al ragu, papardelle con cinghiale, a steak with salt and rosemary and cicoria. The pasta was quite good, and the staff were very attentive and friendly - although, perhaps too attentive, removing plates before we could properly mop up all of the sauce. By the time we left, we were well stuffed and very happy with our choice of lunch restaurant. If you're visiting the caves, I definitely recommend Da Mariana for lunch.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious and the atmosphere was charming. I appreciate this experience so very much. What a wonderful restaurant. We will return again and again.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 27, 2016

after grotte di frasassi, we go to urbino, this trattoria is on the way. we park the car on the street below, decor is more than expected as we thought it's in the middle of nowhere, it' saturday noon, we were 5 tables, more viva than we expected. my friend had a pasta wild boar, then a side dish "fried olive", I had antipasto "bresaola with rucola", all are buono. Marianna is friendly and price is good.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed September 23, 2015 via mobile

I was ver happy with the meal. All were very fesh. Correct temperature. I higly reccomet it. Waiter were very helpfull. I was tere for Lunch. I will Come Also for dinner.

Date of visit: September 2015