“Better than any hotel”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

War-chiqu...
San Francisco
“Better than any hotel”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

I have been to Paris at least 20 times. Maybe 30., or even 40 times. When I was younger, I stayed at 2-3 star hotels, growing up I moved to 4-5 stars. Frankly speaking, I stayed almost everywhere including Hotel du Louvre, Pavillon de la Reine, St.James and Albany, etc., everywhere but The Ritz. May be The Ritz is better than Marais Charm, but I was quite happy with the latter, and I think that it was also at least 5 times cheaper than The Ritz. Booking was easy and personal. I was met at the door and escorted to the apartment, with explanation of all possible details regarding what and how to do. Now, imagine, for one thousand euro a week, you get your own apartment in the heart of Paris: 0.5 min to Centre Pompidou, 7 min to Les Halles, 10 min to Place des Vosges. Quiet courtyard, creaky stairs to the second floor... You open the door, and... Let me tellya: a room of this size in a decent neighborhood of Paris would cost you... nothing, as it simply does not exist. And a kitchen with all the stuff, with bathroom bigger than a usual room in a Paris hotel, with washer/drier, etc... Everything is nice, clean, well thought. Plus privacy. Plus it's your own apartment in Paris for a whole week. Plus a bottle of Bordeaux as a welcome from the owner, plus free internet, plus free telephone...
Minuses (I do not consider them real minuses, but some may): (1) Second floor with no lift and (2) no soundproofing.
To offset the minuses and to enhance the pluses: I asked if I may leave late, like 6 hours after the official check out deadline. And the answer was 'Yes, of course, no problem'. Isn't it wonderful?

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location, the feel of your own place, and the ease/personal touch of communication with the staff.
Liked least: Basically, nothing.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing