“A classy spot, just out of town”

Restaurante El Lago
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Arrieta
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2012

El Lago is slightly pricier than the restaurants on Arrieta's main drag but it delivers. I had a very relaxed lunch overlooking the coast and, unusually, am struggling to find fault.

My only regret is that I was not more adventurous in ordering one of the chef's daily specials of fresh fish, rabbit and kid goat.

A more sophisticated wine-list and smart service makes me think this place will be just as bright on an evening.

I'll be back.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

After reading reviews we expected a really good meal. The starters we really good and we were looking forward to the mains but the fish was disappointingly dry.

1  Thank wetherby_traveller
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This restaurant is in front of the sea.
If you eat on their balcon you can enjoy the view, and also the sea "music"!!!
The food is absolutely fantastic, we eat there lobster, shrimp, sole, Paeilla etc, but I really reccomend the fried baby squid!!!
The staff is friendly, we was there twice, and the second time they remeber us and thei bring the same wine we asked the first time!!!

3  Thank cccpiero
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My partner and I had lunch at this restaurant during our recent holiday in Lanzarote and were so grateful for the recommendation. It was perfect. Excellent fish, great wines, beautiful views, friendly, helpful staff and faultless service. Prices were reasonable and food could not have been better. It was exactly what we had hoped for and contributed to a perfect day.

1  Thank Deborah W
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The best restaurant I've found in Lanzarote. I tried grilled fish and squid and was excellent! I even ate paella and I recommend it with some good Malvasia.

1  Thank carlodemi