Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,408 results
All reviews sunset bar main bar dive school water villa fish dolphin safari our honeymoon deluxe villa other islands sea plane octopus the grill west side room boy food in the main restaurant behind the scenes every evening
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our return visit to a still lovely island with lovely people. Everything I wrote and praised in my previous review from July 2018 hasn't changed. We were very happy again!

This time they added nice little touches for us as return guests, like a complimentary candle light dinner.

But foremost of all it was amazing how many members of the staff sincerely remembered us from our previous visit, even though they had encountered thousands of guests in between. Special mention for their kindness go to our friends Sandeep (again - wishing you the best of luck in India) and Hanifa.

We would like to return! Let's just hope that the new owner from May 2020 onwards doesn't ruin the beauty and charm of this place.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TeamReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mali O,
Thank you very much for your great review and for having chosen one more time Reethi Beach Resort for your vacation. We are really pleased to read that once again you enjoyed your stay here with us. Your satisfaction and your fidelity are the best rewards we can have in the accomplishment of our job.
We would be sincerely honored to welcoming you again in the future on our beautiful island. ;).

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Reethi Beach Resort is awesome in many ways - lovely island, friendly staff members, an array of delicious dishes, wonderful options for adults and kids to relax, many activities (such as fish feeding), great options for photos, a good feel of Maldivian culture...so, the rating is superb. One aspect the resort could have taken care of, given the mandatory high prices for Christmas dinner, is the availability of more vegetarian options.

Date of stay: December 2019
TeamReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Dear DipuKV,
Thank you very much for your great review and for having chosen Reethi Beach Resort for your vacation.
Be assured that we have forwarded your feedback to our kitchen team to work on improvement regarding vegetarian options... We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the future on our beautiful island ;).

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

First time to Maldives and we are glad that we chose Reethi beach resort! A piece of paradise ! Loved the traditional feel of the cottages and fantastic customer service!
The easy access to house reef was the highlight of our stay!
Food choices were very good.
Eco-friendly resort; loved visiting the Reethi garden and appreciated the creativity in using recycled / natural materials for their Christmas decorations!Hats off to all the staff!
Our children were sad to leave the resort.
Overall a brilliant stay! Thank you!

Trip type: Traveled with family
TeamReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear Sunskytraveller,
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you were satisfied with our place, accommodation, staff and services. Your satisfaction is the best reward we can have in the accomplishment of our job. Be assured that your thanks will be forwarded to our respective teams. We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the future on our paradise island ;).

Reviewed January 3, 2020

We loved the amenities and hotel services. The property was well maintained and all staffs were very cordial. The best part of our trip was Dolphin Safari in Jet Ski self driven and new experience of snorkeling with my son. Weather wise also was very pleasant during our visit in late Dec.

Trip type: Traveled with family
TeamReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Dear Rakeshsirohia,
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you were satisfied with our place, staff and services. Your satisfaction is the best reward we can have in the accomplishment of our job. We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the future on our beautiful island ;).

Reviewed December 18, 2019

With the unfortunate closing of Reethi Beach at the end of April 2020 I managed to get one last visit to say my goodbyes to what feels like a second home to me. This was my seventh visit at this time of year in a row but was by far the worst weather I have experienced, the first week had a lot of rain and cloud, but thankfully it was still very hot so you could sit out under the beach umbrella and relax, after about 6 days the weather then improved and although there were a few clouds about it was very hot with a nice calm sea for snorkeling.

I stayed in a standard beach villa, I requested a room around the 160 area and was given room 162. The beach had changed a lot since my visit a year ago, especially in the area i was in up towards the water villas, the first 6 water villas all being basically on land with sand front and back, by the time i left the beach had started changing again, but then anyone that has been will know this is a common occurrence as tides and currents shift.

It was great seeing all the same staff that I have got to know over the years and really makes you feel special when you first see them and they have a big smile and remember you, this is the main thing I will miss with the island closing, hopefully they all get moved to the new island which is being built nearer to Male.

The food was as good as always, I love how every night of my two week stay is a different theme, and also love how upon arriving at the restaurant I can get my food and as I get to my table my drink is already there waiting, even though I hadn't even seen anyone to ask.

The snorkeling was good but there were a few areas where the water was a little more cloudy due to the weather, but still there was a lot of fish out there, I managed to see black tip sharks, guitar sharks, turtles, moray eels, eagle rays and then the vast amount of different fish to make you feel like you are in a big aquarium.

Most days you would see the dolphins swim past the island a few times, and there were many people that were lucky enough to be out there at times with them too as they hung around

It is going to be hard to find such a nice island for me to visit each December now that is also good value for money as most are now too expensive for the solo traveler with the amount extra that they charge for single room occupancy.

I guess that all that's left to say is thank you for the memories, I have so many great ones from my eight visits over the years and made some great friends along the way both staff and also visitors.

Room tip: I always request around the 160 area which is great for snorkeling and also detached standard villas
1  Thank Glenowal
TeamReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2019

Dear Glenowal,
Thank you very much for your great review and for having chosen one more time Reethi Beach Resort for your vacation. We are pleased to read that once again you enjoyed your stay here with us. Your satisfaction and your INCREDIBLE fidelity are the best rewards we can have in the accomplishment of our job. It is us who want to thank you for your warm words and your presence over the years. Kindly note that our management will be here until end of April 2020 and after that unfortunately we still do not know if the resort will continue to be operated by the new management, by us, or if it will be closed. We should have more information during January. Therefore, we still hope to have the opportunity and the honor to welcoming you again in the future on our beautiful island. Best Regards, Peter Gremes, General Manager.