“Great morning of SUP and Surf at Playa Pilon!”
Review of Agua Vida Surf

Agua Vida Surf
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Pavones
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Book your surf camp with us, in Pavones Costa Rica. Stand Up Paddle boarding, Surfing, Kite surfing are the main activities we propose today. We rent boards. We teach, and we go for long distance paddling.We can teach you surfing most of the year. Stand Up Paddle Boarding is also a all year activity. Kite surfing is from December to March. We are located in the Golfo Dulce, close to Pavones. Learn to surf, to sup surf on quality waves! Enjoy the glassy morning paddling in the Golfo Dulce... Vous souhaitez apprendre la SURF! Venez, l'endroit est parfait!!!
Rio, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great morning of SUP and Surf at Playa Pilon!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

First time trying SUP for 2 of us, and 2 first time surfers. Shawn explained and demonstrated on the beach first and then we practiced our stances and techniques on a large driftwood log before trying it for real in the water. Nat then accompanied and instructed the 2 of us on the SUPs, while Shawn continued to work with the men on their surfboards. An incredible and beautiful experience with 2 great instructors who customized our session to exactly what we wanted to do.
Thank you Shawn, Nat and your children for making it an easy and fun morning on the water. We will be back!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank LoriLRio_Wisconsin

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A SUP Surf Dream Come True”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

You could not find a better place to sup surf !!! We have had three vacations to Pilon and our fourth trip will be in April. Can't get enough. Shawn at Aguavidasurf is the most stoked coach ever. He has a true love for the water and the sport of SUP Surf. Since our first trip in April 2012, I now own three sup surf boards one of which Shawn has built and two race boards.We have been to Costa Rica twelve times and this part of the country is where we wan't to be. The Pilon/Pavones area is very remote and very beautiful, and feels untouched by development. Which is why we really like it there. Shawn and Nathalie and family make us feel at home when we visit their Sup Camp. We were going to go to Maui for our 25th anniversary but we decided to go back to Pilon instead. Food, lodging, and activities are a much better deal in Costa Rica. Can't wait to get back there to see our new friends! Bill and Robin

Visited January 2013
1 Thank zombiepalm
Carlsbad, California
“The Best!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I first tried stand up paddling a couple years ago with Sean as my instructor and have been hooked ever since. Sean was the consumate professional and made this new skill fun and easy to learn. The setting at Pilon is by far the best I've ever experienced for SUP. Clear blue water, warm and inviting, surrounded by lush jungle and wildlife. I can't wait to return to this paradise!

Visited March 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best place to learn!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Pilon is beautiful ,natural and uncrowded.The different breaks vary in degree of challenge from easy to advanced. Expert coaching by Shawn and Nathalie makes all the difference in the world when learning how to surf. With their help , extremely long wave ride times are possible in the first day or two....

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Dovephoto
Orient, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“best thing I ever did”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

2 years ago I got a lesson from Shawn learning how to SUP. By far the greatest thing I have ever done.
Aside from having great fun doing it, meeting Shawn's sweet family, It opened a whole new world for me. I became hooked so to say, SUPing every day for the joy of it and all the while getting into the best shape of my life. Then Shawn taught me how to surf waves with my SUP board and now at the age of 45 I have a whole new world of surfing that I love doing every chance I can.
Shawn and his wife are great and I can only say they are a 10 out of 10. A must do for fun and great excersise.

Visited November 2011