Tripadvisor
Bang Saphan
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews ban krut waves bathroom thai beach resort
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

We booked this accidentally and are very glad that we did. It's a little far from the " night life " of Ban Krut... which closes at 9pm!... and a little rough around the edges but for those two minor criticisms it suited our needs very well. The staff are lovely and couldn't be more helpful if they possibly tried and for those reviews that complained they didn't speak English YOU'RE IN THAILAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DID YOU SPEAK THAI?

that said, we got by with the little English that was spoken. Room was very comfortable with a large bed and changing area and a day bed looking out to the ocean. Bathroom was huge with a bath that was more style over substance but huge and an "outdoor" rain forest shower within the bathroom.... just lovely.

We only had breakfast here which was a shame as breakfast was nice and the evening menu looked lovely but we were with friends who were staying in "pontins looking" hotel in town where there was more choice of restaurants.

If we were here for our "normal" 2 week sit and stay vacation I would be immensely happy and would definitely recommend it.

Really couldn't fault the resort except just a little tired looking which is why the 4/5.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful garden paths to the private beach. I was the only sole on the beach. Nice restaurant with great crab cakes and friendly staff. Pics maybe a little outdated. I was here in low season. Great time for honeymoon location!!! More family's during Thai holiday seasons.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I have been to this hotel for 2-3 times (2009, 2010 and 2011) and the place is always good. The swimming pool is pretty small but within a few steps, it is a very nice beach. I stayed with my family at the Family Poolside room, it is a connecting room right next to the pool. The room is clean and food is great. The resort is located pretty far from city area, so might be a little bit hard for those who didn't drive. I am not so sure about the staffs' english skills as am a Thai.

(I didnot travel during september 2013 but the website won't let me select the older date)

Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Unfortunately, poor English, small rooms, smelly restaurant deck, and broken glass on the beach - not the best holiday for our family. Need to be careful. Younger staff are friendly. Manager got confused and made mistakes. He didn't understand English - a Thai Basil Fawlty.

Room tip: Away from the beach is better. Music and singing too loud on beach.
Date of stay: July 2013
2  Thank peter r
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife, me and kids had to leave - too noisy karaoke. Fat, queen manager sings too much. My wife hated him. No english here.
beach okay. restaurant staff just ok. food is fine. shame too noisy. pool ok. sea water is dirty. not much to do, certainly not sleep. kids stayed awake too.

Room tip: Don't go if you want to sleep. Better,quieter hotels in town.
Date of stay: August 2012