“Great Value, Nice Staff”
Review of Le Rebenty

Le Rebenty
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Axat
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2011

The headwaiter is the owner and his wife is the chef- both speak English. The trout is fresh and the magret first-class. Convenient, cute location. Nice menu. Excellent value.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

Very warm welcome, lovely food and good value for money. We've eaten there several times and never been disappointed. Also good Belgian beers, fresh trout and wonderful smoked salmon!

Reviewed May 16, 2011

Visiting family in France and was recommend this restaurant. Love the fact that they have a good variety of beers, large portion of food and very nice service.

I did not expect much when I first realize arrived. The restaurant is located miles away from civilization (I'm a city girl) and if I'm not wrong... It is also a BB..??

The host who happens to be the husband of the head chef was very friendly and even remember my SIL and her family. When we sat down, he knew instantly what my BIL would like for his drink. Please note that they have only been to the restaurant no more then 5 times.

Usually food in large portion doesn't necessary turn out to be good but this was different. The food was very fresh and free flow fries.!

The best on its menu I think was the smoked salmon salad which was delicious to say the least.! Love the fact that the host himself caught the main dish, rainbow trout at a nearby river just hours ago. You can't get any fresher than that.! Even though I did not try the beef stew, I heard its top notch. That is something I look forward in trying when I'm back there next :D

One last thing to add... The chocolate dessert... One word... Heaven..!

*Good value set menu, 25 Euro for 3 mains and 28 Euro for 4 mains

Reviewed January 24, 2011

We stopped by chance, passing by on our way to Limoux, and will go back. We had the speciality of the house, an excellent beef stew cooked in Belgian beer, accompanied by the house wine – an excellent and inexpensive red Fitou. The host was on his own because, having only a few bookings, he had given the waitress the evening off; only to have an almost full house. He apologised for this, but the service was excellent; better than many less busy restaurants. Each customer was given enough time and advice - in French, German or English as appropriate. Excellent.

Reviewed November 19, 2010

We thought that this was going to be great but it turned out rather differently. First impressions were excellent. The ambiance was really very good and the restaurant was busy. The service was friendly (although rather slow). We were however very disapointed with the food. The steaks were very overcooked although I will say that the chips were great. Overall we thought that it was rather expensive. I know that the restaurant has many good reviews and we may have been unlucky but our experience was not good.