“Be forewarned (but in a good way)!”
Review of Casa Gregorio

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castro dei Volsci
Casa Gregorio
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Be forewarned (but in a good way)!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

It's all true.... every five star review you've read so far is spot on.... from the graciousness of Gregory and his wonderful staff, to the first class amenities, food, drink and, of course, the beauty that is Italy and its people. The excursions and lessons were interesting and fun, and I don't know what I could possibly add to my review that hasn't already been said, except for this: if you are on the fence about making Casa Gregorio your next vacation destination, remove yourself this instant and just book it! I guarantee you won't be sorry, but I do offer this caveat: upon your return you may need to prepare your mind for the flashbacks of your stay, as they will occur frequently and without provocation! Just remind friends and family to nudge you back into reality when you get that glazed look in your eyes! Grazie mille e salute a tutti to Gregory and all of his beautiful staff!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Rhode Island
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I returned to Casa Gregorio for a visit last week with my husband. He had never been to Casa Gregorio or to Castro Dei Volsci so I wanted to be sure that he got to experience what I was so fortunate to experience for a whole week last year. Gregory, ever the gracious host, invited us to stop by for dinner with the group that was there for the week. I was thrilled that my husband got to meet Giustino, Pasqualina, Paolo and Gregory and to experience their kindness and generosity. We ate a delicious dinner of lasagna, pork and apples and sausage and peppers, all prepared by the group that was spending the week there. It was fabulous. The new kitchen at Casa Gregorio is great. It was just beginning to be remodeled when I was there last year so it was great to actually see the completed project. It was fun showing Mike around the neighborhood, walking the vias and overlooking the town below. If you are planning on traveling to Italy, try really hard to make it to Castro Dei Volsci and Casa Gregorio.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bethel
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Was at Casa Gregorio the week of Sept 22, 2013. The service was wonderful, staff was so gracious and professional, my fellow travelers were such fun and wonderful people. The tours, food, and cooking classes exceeded all expectations. The village of Castro dei Volsci was such a wonderful change of pace and I loved walking around the village in the morning. Gregory's taste and style is impeccable and no detail is "by accident". Definitely worth the money and the experience. You will be charmed the entire time.

Room Tip: Wear low comfortable shoes for walking around the villa (lots of steps) and the village.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank jamiedee58
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We can't say anything that hasn't already been said with other glowing reviews, but we wanted to add our thanks to Gregory and his staff at Casa Gregorio for providing a blissful week at Casa Gregorio on a trip that encompassed several things on my husband's and my bucket lists. A cooking class in Italy was on mine, and my husband went willingly! We are both so glad we did! Our group of 20 (all strangers on Sunday, and friends by Tuesday), bonded and got along famously. There were seven men in the group, and even if it wasn't their idea to be there, every one of them jumped in and had a blast (and we have photos to prove it!). The itinerary was full, from morning to night, and the variety of experiences was well thought out and gave us a different view of this part of the Italian countryside each day. The food in all cases was delicious, especially the lunch at the olive farm, lovingly prepared by the owner's mother, and our final trattoria dinner, a highlight of the week. The meals at Casa Gregorio were beyond plentiful and beautifully prepared and presented. As my husband says, for a week, we lived like few people ever will have the opportunity, and we loved every minute of it! We have already recommended this experience to several of our friends, and would say if you're thinking about it, just go! You won't be sorry!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely. We stayed in the "villa", a newer, separate building to the mai...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LLK2012
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Where does one begin ?

I am an Italo-Canadese ( Italian Canadian ) and wanted to experience my birthday this year doing something unique and authentic and also wanted to check off one of the top items on my bucket list -- a culinary vacation in Italy.

Well, Casa Gregorio in the beautiful, medieval town of Castro dei Volsci ticked all the boxes.

The cooking classes, excursions, dining experiences are all exceptionally well planned and Greg’s attention to detail is unparalleled. Greg and his team are truly top notch.
Giustino, Patrizio, Paolo, Anna, Stefania, Pasqualina and the rest of the Casa Gregorio team are engaging, warm, inviting and cater to your every need. Ciao a tutti !

What can I say about the group of people that shared this incredible culinary experience with me at Casa Gregorio? One word comes to mind – AWESOME.
We ate, and ate and drank, and drank together in many wonderful settings and also shared lots of laughs, stories, grappa, limoncello and much prosecco nightly on the top of the hill at chef Giustino’s Mama Cafè.

Grazie mille, a thousand thanks to all, for making MY adventure and birthday in the Roman countryside truly memorable and unforgettable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jackie P
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Wow - Casa Gregorio was so much more than we expected. Set in the Italian countryside in a charming hillside town, Casa Gregorio hits all the senses. We were there the week of Sept. 15 and the weather was perfect (I'm sure Gregory specially ordered it!). The villa is beautiful, so much attention to detail - antiques, Murano glass, fabulous artwork. The cooking classes were fun and informative. The food was pure perfection. We've never eaten so much in our lives!
Gregory took us out into the Italian culture and helped us see how true Italians live and eat. Gregory has trained his staff well - so welcoming, helpful, and seemingly love their job. They were very gracious in putting up with my (Texas girl) attempts to speak Italian! Justino, our chef for three days, was great. Our cooking kitchen was a dream. We thoroughly enjoyed getting to know our fellow guests. Food and wine is a great common denominator! I would highly recommend Casa Gregorio to any one, any age, any time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank KerryY8588
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We returned from Casa Gregorio one week ago today, and have practiced our newly learned cooking skills everyday! Intensive classes on cooking Italian food like few Americans have tasted. Rooms spacious, comfortable, and well decorated. Gregory is a wealth of information about Italian countryside, way of life, and the various tours. I'm afraid he has spoiled us for any future trips! Although we just may return!
Gini and George, Minnesota

#1 of 3 in Frosinone
Liola Hotel
Liola Hotel
#2 of 2 in Castrocielo

Been to Casa Gregorio? Share your experiences!