“Amazing Lifetime Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Gregorio

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castro dei Volsci
Casa Gregorio
costa rica
“Amazing Lifetime Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

As my wife is 7 months pregnant, we decided to do a relaxing culinary holiday, while still getting the flavors of a remote Italian city..... Our view atop 1000 ft was breathtaking with clouds floating below us.... in house, the endless flowing wine, the fun italian chefs, the delicious simple fresh dishes we prepared, the ambiance of travelers that enjoy cooking and laughing..... all made for a truly amazing adventure. daytime was occupied with visiting wineries, olive presses, buffalo mozz farms and local markets. plus no tourists around gives you a real world experience!! Gregorio's accommodations and staff also would rank as a 4-5 star hotel in NYC. (and i run a hotel in NYC).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NotWaitingForGodot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife & I just returned from our vacation to Italy that included a fantastic week at Casa Gregorio. Greg and his staff are excellent hosts and chefs. The wonderful food, the accommodations, the visits to all the places Greg and his team took us to -- we loved it all. We will always look forward to encouraging family and friends to participate in a"Roman Countryside Culinary Holiday" at Casa Gregorio.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room right down the hall from the main dining room. It was great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

The cooking school at Casa Gregorio was a true Italian experience. You stay in a wonderful rebuilt villa in a small medeval hilltop village with fabulous views of the countryside. Gregory and his staff made you feel like family with their warm hospitality. The cooking classes were outstanding,delicious and so
much fun.Justin, one of the chefs,made the classes so entertaining.and enjoyable..and Gregory,with his expertise in design, always had a beautiful table set for us. I have been cooking Italian food over 50 years but I truly enjoyed every moment at Casa Gregorio and even learned a few new things.
Don`t hesitate to book Casa Gregorio. You will love it. Forgot to mention that the regional wines were excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank june091
Grand Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

There are not enough superlatives to describe a week at Casa Gregorio. My granddaughter's dream was to take a cooking class with me in Italy. I thought this would be fun to spend some one on one time with my granddaughter. I have traveled extensively around the world and never dreamed that this would be the trip that would stand out as the most memorable and enjoyable of all my trips. From the moment we arrived in Castro dei Volsci, a medieval hilltop town, we were part of a family. Most of the credit goes to Gregory, our congenial host, who was always there to help us and to introduce us to life in the Italian Countryside. Gregory could not do this without the help of his wonderful staff, Giustino, Anna, Letitia,Alessandra, Pasqualina, Barbara and our drivers who picked us up in Rome. I am having trouble adjusting to life back home with no one cleaning up my cooking messes.
We began our experience as we entered the medieval building that was built in 1797 and we were greeted by Gregory in the first floor taverna that still had medieval charm but modern conveniences. We were shown our rooms that were furnished in keeping with the theme, but bathrooms were very modern with jacoozies and modern stylish sinks. Living in Casa Gregorio was not a hotel experience, but a family experience. Gregory showed us many local sites and incorporated them into a lesson about the local culture. Our "family" participated in an unexpected bonus because we were there on national holiday and it was one of the rare occasions when the gardens of Ninfa were open. These ruins dating back to the 8th century were excavated in the 40's and a beautiful garden incorporated amongst the ruins.
You may wonder about the cooking classes. We had classes every afternoon and we made a different course everyday. We started with desserts so that the cookies we baked were available the kitchen as snack. Yes, we could snack on the cookies at will and a refrigerator without mini bar charges was available at all times. We made antipasti, fresh pasta, gnocchi, lasagna, and meat dishes on various days. We always ate what we cooked that evening. The last day we made pizza in the wood burning oven. Did I mention the new ultra modern teaching kitchen was only two months old when we arrived. As we prepared our food we could look out the windows at the beautiful scenery. Thank you Gregory for introducing zucchini blossoms to so many. They are my favorite.
Gregory has not overlooked any detail large or small. Even the dishes are coordinated to match the tablecloth that is coordinated with the food that evening.
My granddaughter as well as another granddaughter want us to return next year. Thank you Gregory for providing us with this experience that really got us away from the hustle and bustle of the world with time to think and enjoy the real values of life. La Bella Vita.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Pickering, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went on this trip alone and came back with a whole new set of friends! Everyone in this group of 14 were amazing! There was a group of 7 that are a family, a mom and daughter, 2 sisters, a couple and me. Not only did Gregory and his staff make me feel welcome and cared for, the entire group that was in attendance were the most friendly and accommodating people i have met in a very long time. This trip was so enlightening to me in so many ways ranging from the spectacular accommodations and views of Casa Gregoria to the humbling revelations of the human spirit. I not only learned about myself on this trip, but i also learned how strangers from all paths in this life can come together and have fun! Gregory is a gracious host, he truly has an itinerary that works, is fun, at a great pace and has something for everyone. The casa itself is a marvel but the interior designs leave you in awe.
Gregory and his staff will make you want to come back... I am already looking for another opportunity to return!
Incantevole, molto buono...
Lo amerete!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Susan M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Gregory and the entire staff of Casa Gregorio were extremely welcoming and made us feel at home from the minute we walked in and were greeted with smiles and cool beverages. It is difficult to explain how perfect the entire week is because it is one of the only places that I have been to where the entire experience exceeded my highest expectations. I could not believe that this little town in the mountain side could be such a fairytale. I came with my mom and we were 2 out of the 11 that stayed at the house during our week. Everyone felt relaxed and enjoyed the company of Gregory, as well as the cooks and staff. The cooking classes were fun and not too intensive so you still have time to sip on wine and continue to get to know the other guests. The meals were absolutely delicious and night after night we would leave the table saying, "that was the best meal ever!" This is truly an amazing vacation where everything is taken care of for you; from what you are having for lunch, to the day's activity, to the exquisite plate settings, Gregory has everything planned out to every last fabulous detail.
Our age group ranged from 20 - 70 and there was never a dull moment! I would encourage anyone to take this trip because my words cannot do any of the experience justice. We will be spreading the word to all of our friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chico, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We planned Casa Gregorio's culinary vacation for one out of our three week family vacation to Italy. It's very difficult to put in to words what an amazing vacation this was. Gregory and his entire staff have created the ultimate vacation experience. Upon arriving to the top of the hill at Castro dei Volsci I was skeptical at first; expecting a more "rustic" experience. Upon my first step into the Casa Gregorio I was in awe. The home's renovation is spectacular; the decor and attention to detail by Gregory is amazing. The rooms were all beautiful (all the guests were excited to show off their rooms). The town is charming and full of history. Casa Gregorio is so much more than a beautiful place to stay - it is the ultimate vacation experience. All of the dining experiences were amazing, the cooking classes were informative and a ton of fun and the meals shared with Gregory and the other guests were very special. We felt so at home and like a family with people we had just met! The view from the patios of the casa are truly spectacular. The daily tours to nearby towns were wonderful; the countryside is so beautiful. This was a very luxurious vacation - it all looked effortless but I can tell that Gregory works tirelessly to make sure every detail is perfect. We toured some amazing places in our three week trip and nothing compared to the week spent at Casa Gregorio. I would do this again and again!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 3 in Frosinone
Liola Hotel
Liola Hotel
#2 of 2 in Castrocielo

Been to Casa Gregorio? Share your experiences!