“A Tourist Attraction at the Tip of the Peninsula (Not Just for SURVIVOR Fans!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tugawe Cove Resort

Tugawe Cove Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Caramoan
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Tugawe Cove Resort is strategically located at the tip of the Caramoan Peninsula. I must say it is one of the most beautiful resorts I've been to in the Philippines. One's Caramoan adventure is best experienced if one stays at Tugawe - that's a fact! I stayed at Tugawe for 2 nights and i enjoyed every second of my stay. I so love this resort that I always recommend this to my friends who are looking for a great adventure or a great vacation. When it comes to the natural beauty of the Philippines, the resort has every thing! From inland water, corals, beach front, amazing islets, majestic sea view and mountain view, and even pristine flora and fauna, every one can enjoy all these just by staying at the resort. The tours offered by Tugawe are special and really caters for a traveler like me, not only because the island destinations are locations used by the reality show SURVIVOR, but because the unique beaches, lagoons, and islands included in the itinerary are close to the resort and some can even be seen from the resort. The resort is also willing to assist when one wants a customized tour, as I did another tour on my 3rd day. Truly Tugawe Cove is a tourist attraction that makes Caramoan as one of my Top 3 destinations in the Philippines :)

The people working for Tugawe Cove are great. Thanks to Yaye, Herzon, Blanca and the Bangkeros for being compassionate. The rooms, resort facilities, food, and staff are all extraordinary. The resort's infinity pool is the Philippines' best for me. Dining at Tugawe was even an unforgettable ritual during my stay because Kevin was always there for me <3 You will meet "her" at Tugawe ;)

Many many many thanks Tugawe Family <3

Room Tip: Choose the hill top cabanas :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank RayGohetiaJatico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

The resort's beautiful infinity pool is its crowning glory. I was checking the resort's website when I was looking for a resort to stay and when I saw the pool, I knew I had to be there. The infinity pool has an awesome and commanding view of the islands nearby. It has matching sunbeds within the pool itself for that luxury-feel.

The resort also assigns a butler to each cabana for a more personalized service. We had Ate Pinkie as our butler and she really made sure we are well-taken care of e.g. she runs around the massive property for all we need, takes advance order of our meals, etc. It was my first time to experience this kind of service and I'd say it really does make a big difference when we talk about the resort experience - it was night and day. I rated the service 'Excellent' because of her.

The cabanas are well-made and designed tastefully. The resort has 24-hour electricity, hot and cold water, and cable TV. And we're in a remote island.

Hate to admit this but we were all well-fed during our stay in the resort! The price is comparable to other resorts (150-350) and surprisingly, the serving is filling enough and it is good enough for an island resort.

They have a white beach unlike in Gota where it's gray. The sand is similar to Bolinao and a bit rocky in some parts but the beach is enclosed with rock formations. Basically, it's a cove and you have your own privacy.

Exceeded expectations and can't wait to be back soon!

Room Tip: Best to travel by plane via Virac. Maybe not for old people or persons with existing leg ailment as...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GemayelSalinas
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

What can I say this place is perfect ... to relax and recharge. The resort is set up above the beach with spectacular views its a slice of heaven. The butler service is faultless and done with such enthusiasm ( thankU Hassan Hassan for making our stay such a wonderful expereience).
This resort is a perfect escape for private getaways, guests have a chance to be completely tranquil and undisturbed in 5 Star luxury and service, the rooms are very big and huge shower recess.
The infinity pool is fantastic and we were happy to spend our time lazing around swimming in the rain. Island hopping was exciting with regular stops to explore, snorkel . Highlight was beautiful yummy seafood lunch ...our butler was a Master Chef as well. Thank you so much .
If you want a few days in Paradise do yourself a favour come here !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Pasay City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

They brought us to a very secluded place and greeted us with drinks, and we were amazed. We loved the butler service, for one, as they were very helpful to us. It was a luxurious weekend, and their rooms were very tidy and complete. The shower was a challenge but it went through. :)

Food was great, our lunch was very welcoming, our dinner was personalized in our room, and the breakfast didn't fail. They did not limit to the quality service and numerous food they served, which was made it very likeable. The view was astonishing too. :)

All in all, it was very relaxing. We wanted to extend our vacation here although the tour was very pricey so we just went to find another that can offer the same at a lesser price. The only con here is the beach and your room are very far. You will need to take a lot of walking up and down to just go to your destination. Also, I think the beach would need a lot of cleaning as seaweeds covered the beach front. It might just be a turn-off for some.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mayigarchi
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is an amazing resort in an absolutely beautiful location. Nothing is too much trouble for the wonderful staff, who go out of their way to make sure you have the best time possible.

Thank you so much for everything. I definitely hope to return one day

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank uktraveller2801
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went here just recently. The weather was fine and the place is just beautiful.
We took the cebu pacific flight to Virac (5:45am to 6:40am), then rode a van to Codon port (took about 45-60min). From there, our butler Blanca was already waiting for us with the boat ready to sail us across to the resort beach front (boat ride took 45min instead of the usual 30min because the seas were quite wavy, but it was still a pleasant ride). We arrived at the resort beach front at around 8:40am and was welcomed by the resort's friendly staff. They prepared a yummy welcoming snack of banana-q with cheese and fresh buko juice which is much appreciated after coming from an early and somewhat long travel.

We initially booked for a mid-hill cabana but they arranged the hilltop cabana for us which was no problem since the hilltop turned out to be much better for us (except for the long way up the stairs, I think has 200+ steps). The infinity pool and restaurant (both with magnificent views) are also on the hilltop so it is more convenient.

Room is airconditioned and spacious, the shower area is also big which is great. Towels are provided, there’s hair dryer, soap, shampoo, toothbrush, electric fan, electric kettle, clear LCD TV. The only complaint I have with our cabana is the bathroom door. The door makes a very loud and annoying screeching sound every time it is opened or closed, it really needs lubrication as it is also hard to push & pull. The bathroom also has this weird smell, although it was tolerable. Other than that, the room is great.

The food is yummy and we ate most of our meals at the restaurant. You can opt to have it delivered to your cabana but I prefer dining at the restaurant since it has a great view, nice ambiance, and it is easier to request for stuff you might need or want to order since everything is already at the restaurant.

They have a game room with billiard table, darts, foozball table, and wii console. I hope they can add playing cards and board games (like scrabble, chess, etc) and an air hockey table (for those who suck at billiards like me)

During our first day, we went swimming in the infinity pool. Then late afternoon, we went trekking to the lighthouse (highest point of the place). It is advisable to bring shoes that is suitable for trekking to avoid any slips and to make it easier to walk uphill. (takes around 15min to reach the lighthouse -- this activity is free by the way) The view was fantastic at the lighthouse. You can see the whole perimeter of the island and green hills and skies -- it feels great.

On our second day we went island hopping (around 930am to 430pm). We had lunch at Matukad island, complete with tables, chairs & umbrella, classy I'd say and what a view - the island, the rock formations, the waves, the fine sand, the wind, just inhale it all and appreciate God's work of art while eating good food.

We didn't get to go watch the bio-luminescent plankton since it is best seen during the new moon (it was full moon when we went there). And during the night of our 2nd day, the wind was really strong and I got worried about our trip back home the next day. Our flight back to Manila is via Naga (PAL express) which will take a longer travel time. (We chose the Naga flight because Virac flight is too early which means we need to wake up in the wee hours of the morning when it is still dark and creepy)

So on our last day, our butler suggested we leave earlier to avoid missing the boat going to Tabaco, Naga (which happened to the other group of guests who left around 10:30m). We left the resort around 8:30am and our boat took the longer route (the island hopping route) because the usual route has bigger waves that time. We had to detach the tarpaulin roof from our boat as the winds are strong and it impedes the boat's speed. (it is advisable to apply suncreen lotion before riding boats). We arrived the shore at around 9:20am, rode a tricycle to the port where we rode the roro which always leaves at around 10:30am. Out butler accompanied us all the way to the port and we really appreciate that the resort does this -- looking out for the safety of guests from arrival until departure.

Again, thanks to Mr.Herzon, and to our butler Blanca & all the other resort stuff, as well as the boatmen, and especially God who made this trip as safe and enjoyable as possible.

I highly recommend Tugawe Cove Resort (and staying at the hilltop cabana) if you plan to go to Caramoan. (a tram going up the hill is in the works)

(Riding the roro took the longest time -- 3 hours...better drink Bonamine if you are prone to motion sickness and better to go for the airconditioned area even if it's a tad more expensive. Upon arrival at Tabaco port in Naga –around 1:45pm , we rode a van going to Naga airport which took about an hour. We arrived at the airport at approx 2:50pm, about 2 hrs before departure time which is just right. Our Total travel time from resort to Naga airport is 6 hrs…whew. I hope next time, there will also be an afternoon flight via Virac. Travel is way shorter that way)

Room Tip: Hilltop cabana is the best for me, great view and close to pool & restaurant.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank shiraneko
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Tugawe is one of the few places in the Philippines with glazed, soundproof doors! The beds were soft, the blankets velvety. We had a lovely view from our little cottage, terrific meals, some lovely moments just bobbing in the water, and a great hike over to a nearby village. (The cows living at the lighthouse... lovely.) Despite arriving in a "superstorm," the staff did a wonderful job finding us a way to the airport. We were very impressed with the place and the people. It's hard to reach, but highly recommended.

Room Tip: 202 has the best views! The website says you can arrive via Naga. Don't bother - it's closer...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caramoan
The Avenue Plaza Hotel
#7 of 20 in Caramoan
Elysia Beach Resort
Elysia Beach Resort
#1 of 2 in Donsol

Been to Tugawe Cove Resort? Share your experiences!