“Great place to stay in Caramoan, excellent service!”

West Peninsula Villas
Quezon City
“Great place to stay in Caramoan, excellent service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed in West Pen around march 2011. We decided to stay here once we found out Gota village was fully booked for the taping of the series Survivor. It is a small resort, With clean rooms and toilets. It is important to me that the rooms are not made of native materials like nipa or wood, as I find that these attract more insects. It looks like it does in the pictures, and we had a good night's sleep. The room itself is small, good enough for two single or double beds and a regular bathroom. Certainly not comparable to staying in a hotel, but good enough considering. the small town of Caramoan.

The food is home cooked, simple fare yet filling, with big servings. I have food allergies and I
informed them of this beforehand. They modified our meals to suit my needs. The transfers to
and and from the port as well as the arranged island hopping trip went smoothly. We requested
for late check out on our last day there and that went smoothly too. You can see props from
Survivor in the resort, but other than that there isn't much to do except go island hopping.

Island hopping takes an entire day, it takes 30 mins to an hour to get from one island to another. This means a lot of travel time on the boat, and the waves while traveling are high. You WILL get
drenched in the boat. Please bring a waterproof bag or put your things inside zip lock plastic bags before The trip and if you're bringing sunglasses better bring plastic ones. We really got wet
while on the boat and my friend's bag, wallet, and digital camera got drenched. He had to buy a
new one when we got back.

Overall it was a good stay. We were happy with West Pen and would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank RMDQC

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Muntinlupa, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for 3 days but originally planned to stay for only 2 days. We decided to go to Caramoan earlier because we were informed in CWC that wake boarding would not be possible because of technical problems. Luckily, Dens was kind enough to accommodate our group (8 pax) despite the short notice of 4 hours.

Our stay was very pleasant because the rooms had just enough space to fit 4 persons comfortably. Our bathroom however smelled a little bit funny and I have to admit that it would have been nice if the comfort room was a bit bigger. It did have a hot shower which is commendable as I did not expect that the management would not dwell on such small details.

The tour was very pleasant but as with most small boats for island hopping, the engine was loud and the seats were bare of any cushioning. The tour guides and boatmen were very amiable and would often offer to take pictures of our group.

Meals tend to take a lot of time so make sure you ask them to prepare the meals at least 30 minutes ahead. There were 2 servings of every dish prepared and there wasn't a time that we were able to finish all of the food they served (probably cause we only had 1 male companion with us).

I think the videoke room's very spacious but smelled a bit musty. The billiard table's old and when I asked if we could play darts at the bar, the bartender informed me that all their darts have fallen into the pond where the bar's situated. The drinks are reasonably priced though.

Overall, WPV is a very good choice for those who want a place to stay-in and rest after all of their island hopping activities, spelunking or just sight seeing (note that WPV is not situated along a beach). Dens who owns the place is very accommodating and easy to talk to.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank mauwi_08
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

The villa is inside a baranggay in Caramoan, it will take you 10-15minutes to jump start your Island Hopping adventure. Although it may not be near the beach, our stay is worthwhile since hailing a tricycle was never a problem! This place is located near the red church which was built by the Spaniards during the 17th Century, and it is in the center of caramoan.

The villas are beautiful, roomy, has a cabled television, an airconditioning unit and an electric fan, and has its own bathroom which has a water heater. The place is also a wifi-zone (though I haven't tried it). The decoration is simple yet relaxing. What we have are two double beds which we merged in order to accommodate the three of us.

What is good about this place is the FOOD! they served a lot and all are delicious. It was really a sumptuous meal. You won't get hungry when you go here. The food is really good, although it is not in buffet style, there are still a lot of food served for you. Although we are 3 women traveling together, the food served is good for 5 persons or 3 large males! The food served is really is sumptuous, it is really like a festival or a fiesta!! Seafood (shrimp "sugpo" and crabs), pork and fish were served during our stay there. Although these sumptuous meals were only served during lunch and dinner time. Breakfast were the usual Filipino breakfast such as egg, fried rice, tocino, tapa or ham with free hot chocolate or coffee.

This place has its own karaoke and beer place where you can hang out during the night. And also this place was the one being used by the staff of Survivor tv shows. And actually each of the cabanas are named to each of the contestant of the said TV show. And there are also things used by Survivor contestants displayed there (e.g. ball, ladder etc).

As for the staff, they are very friendly and accommodating, you can tell them what you want and they will do it for you, for example, telling them to pack the left-overs (which were left untouched during the dinner) and reheat and pack them for tomorrow's island hopping adventure. They also give you extra towel if you need one although they already provided you enough towels for your need. They also cooked us french fries even though it was not in their menu! Moreover, water is also provided; there is a big water dispenser there where you can get your cold or hot water for drinking.

As for the rates, i learned about their rates through my sister who asked how much was the rent there, and they said that one cabana/villa cost at around P1500 room rate only without the meals. Although I'm not so sure about the rates since I did not ask them personally, it is better to contact them directly or hire a travel organizer or buy a travel package. We bought our travel package to a travel operator there, and they put us in this hotel. We paid 4,300 for each persons for 3 days 2 nights stay all were included such as food, hotel accommodation, island hopping adventure tour etc. So I really don't know how much is the rate of the rooms here, my knowledge can be considered hearsay but at least you will have some knowledge

I really had a nice stay here in West Peninsula Villas.

Tips:
1. Book early, especially during the peak seasons (march-May) as this is one of the best in Caramoan. For my trip, I actually did not expect that this will be the place where we will stay since I booked it through a travel operator in caramoan (Caramoan Haven). The tour operator said that this place is their priority when there are available rooms they put their guests here.
2. Bring bottles for refilling water. Drinking water is needed for your Island Hopping adventure, you can refill them in the water dispenser in the restaurant in west peninsula
3. Bring a Lot of Sunblock or tanning lotion (depends on what you prefer)
4. ENJOY!

Hope this helps!!

Room Tip: Contact and reserve to them early as possible (if during peak seasons, at least 1-2 months before yo...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank mystay2009
antipolo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

Let me start with a disclaimer: I don't work nor own nor have any ties with West Pen Villa
.Every year my very good friends and I try to explore local destinations " off the beaten path".This year we decided to explore the Caramoan isles.Our sole basis for deciding to stay in WPV was it looked good in the photos submitted by previous guests and that it was the only place in the city that stayed true to temperament of its locals. Nipa thatched roof on concrete.Who needs color coding rooms,yellow curtain on yellow walls???
Everything in this mini villa was commendable. from my first cellphone conversation to book our stay to the last farewell.Unlike other inns,they just took our word that we will be coming in on such date and they did not require a deposit whatsoever. We were lucky also to have chosen a date ahead of the "survivor" season. We were told that when "survivor" comes early April it will be impossible to get a room here on a short notice because the crew has chosen Westpen to be there home away from home and that does not leave me wondering why.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank chiechay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caramoan
Tugawe Cove Resort
#7 of 20 in Caramoan
Misibis Bay Resort
Misibis Bay Resort
#1 of 2 in Cagraray Island

Been to West Peninsula Villas? Share your experiences!