“Nice Place to Stay!”
Review of CMC Villa Caramoan

CMC Villa Caramoan
Reviewed April 16, 2013

It was indeed a memorable and fun family experience for all of us. Approachable and accommodating staff and owners. The Mayor even greeted us during our stay. An aircon van fetched us in the port going to the Villa and to all the places we wanted to visit, like the church, the market and going to the shore for the island hopping... Good food, they even cooked separate food for my son who only eats fried chicken and fried fish. Our tour guide (Ate Daisy) is very nice and approachable, always asking what we need and making suggestions for a better itinerary.. The room is spacious enough, good aircon and water supply except for the cable (they say the problem is with the supplier). Two thumbs up for CMC Villa! Thank you Ms. Coleen and we are looking forward to staying in your place again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank joannerad0602
There are newer reviews for CMC Villa Caramoan

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We go to Caramoan every year and for the second time, we stayed at the CMC Villa Caramoan. The staff are accommodating and friendly. The owners also are very warm. It's also a plus that they have a pool. After island hopping, the kids love to spend time swimming in the pool. The price for accommodations is very reasonable and affordable. An improvement area would be the food - maybe they can provide more selection. But overall, it was a great vacation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Yvonne D
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Last May 2012, me and my colleagues decided to explore the beautiful and virgin islands of Caramoan, and so of course, we stayed at the CMC Villa Caramoan. They give reasonable prices or rates, and the staff are in fact very friendly and accommodating. As much as possible, they try to attend to all our needs. You wouldn't even have to worry about taking all the great scenes and memories from the islands because the tour guides also cater themselves as your very own photographer. We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights and I must say that it was all worth it! I'll definitely go back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Garbie888
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I wanted to have a different kind of beach experience (June-July 2011) so we chose this place. Both of us have no idea what the area really looks like (we were planning to stay in this "high end" isolated resort before where an international reality TV show was shot but unfortunately that place was fully booked again by another foreign group that time-sucks!) but we didn't see other better options than this in such isolated Bicol island.

The facility is hostel-cottage type with a newly-built modern building on the side (it was under maintenance or construction at that time) -- we were given a regular room on the side of the main lobby. I really didn't know the range of payment here so I think it's just okay (for a little motel-type room) as long as the aircon and hot water is available. Besides, we were out most of the time.

The food was really good (crabs, meat, fish and fruits) upon arrival but it later changed to just okay (just satisfactory for one's appetite)as the days progressed. I think it's probably because the guests are just us during that time--I don't know. We had no other options but to eat there anyway. But they (the guide, staff)tried to be as polite and accommodating--it's a plus.

The tours to the beaches/islands were a bit difficult during the time--the roads were really a disaster! I even had an accident while back-riding a single motorcycle---my skin was badly burned by the engine (the driver obviously was a bit small to handle a big motorcycle, let alone allow another passenger). I felt really bad because I literally asked them other mode of transpo available that's safer--I guess I had no choice. Good thing my boyfriend was just as patient.

The island tours were nice...really peaceful and the beaches were really crystal-clear..Too bad we experienced a lot of rains that time. The location of the villa from the beaches are a bit far though--hence, the motorcycle/pedicab rides. Well, most of the hostels/inns here are really not along the beach areas. You would really have to endure the bad land travel.

It was a great serene island vacation for us as a couple--I enjoyed it as a whole. This is a very rural, yet-to-be-developed tourist site so don't expect the luxuries of modern resorts. The village/neighborhood is a classic picture of some far off province in the Philippines--scarce of commercial available stores/establishments. It's an outback experience!

It was okay as a whole, and had an unforgettable happy memory staying here!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NORMZZ
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in May 2012. When we first arrived, we had to wait 30 minutes for them to acknowledge our booking. We requested for an upgrade as we had 2 more friends joining. We had to leave our things at the lobby and started our island hopping, as we didn't want to waste our time waiting for our room. We our friends arrived at the hotel two hours laters, the room was still not ready and it also took them forever to give the requested towels. After our island hopping, we found out that the room given to us was at the 4th floor. What made it worse was that they have spiral staircase from the 3rd going up the 4th floor. Climbing up the 4th floor is a nightmare, all the more if you have huge luggages. That night, our bathroom got flooded as the drain is not functioning properly. The following day, we decided to eat breakfast at CMC Villa. We were served longganisa that tasted so bland, chicken, and some really hard fish! And we were charged PhP150 each for such lousy breakfast! This hotel provides lousy food, lousy service, and horrible rooms! Do yourself a favor, AVOID this hotel!

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel! You're better off staying in other guesthouses/inns in Caramoan ra...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank kcrobles
Reviewed May 18, 2012

My family and I went to Caramoan without the proper planning. Meaning, we went there without any idea of what may come our way or what will happen to us when we get there.

The good thing is, upon arriving in Caramoan, the first hotel that we were able to set our eyes on was CMC Villa Caramoan. It is the nearest one from the port and the most presentable hotel in the area. We didn't stop immediately to ask for their package/room rates. We thought that a hotel this eye-catching would of course have expensive rates to offer. So we tried to look for other available hotels in the place, but we were unfortunate to find one. We then went back to CMC VIlla to ask for their rates.

THE PRICE
The package they offered us was not cheap, though not expensive at the same time. It was just right for a complete package for the whole stay at Caramoan because it includes everything that we need while enjoying our Summer.

The rate they provided us for 4D/3N stay was: 5,000php/person

(Well, at first we thought that it is quite expensive. But as our tour went on, we realized that the money we spent on this tour was well worth it.)

THE PLACE:
Not to be rude or anything, but when we tried to look for a decent place to stay in Caramoan, CMC Villa was the most accommodating and wonderful hotel we've seen. Our family is quite particular with the hotels we stay in for vacations like this, so I'll give this hotel a 3 thumbs up for the interior and exterior looks that they affixed the hotel with.

THE FACILITIES:
They have this newly constructed swimming pool which is a good addition to the hotel's great offer for the incoming guests. They also have this karaoke that is free of charge and unlimited so our family being good singers, enjoyed singing, swimming and drinking after our island hopping.

THE ROOMS:
The rooms are all clean, which is a very good thing for all hotels to maintain. Every room is well air conditioned, the beds have clean sheets, pillows and blankets that would really give you a relaxing and comfortable snooze after a long day of island hopping.

THE COMFORT ROOMS:
All the comfort rooms have their own shower with heater. It is also kept clean very nicely by the staff. Although the hotel's rule is that you have to ask the front desk for room cleaning because they don't want to interfere with the guests privacy and valuables. The great thing is that they even gave my parents the vip room which has this cool jacuzzi without asking any additional charges from us.

THE STAFF:
Upon arriving at the hotel to ask for rates, we we're welcomed by the front desk officer very nicely. They accommodated us immediately and provided us with the keys to our rooms and some staff even helped us in carrying our bags. The staff were all friendly and nice. Our tour guide didn't serve as "just a tour guide," but she was also like our helper for the whole stay. They we're very accommodating and they really know how to entertain guests and assist them at the same time.

THE FOOD:
The food was served in buffet style which is really good for someone like me with a great appetite for food. Being a food lover and a food critic, I would give CMC Villa a 4 star for the food they serve. That is over all the taste, the cleanliness and the way it was served. They didn't serve us Bicol specialties on the first night, but for the whole stay, they suddenly changed the menu into foods that the Bicol region is proud of, like Laing, Bicol express, Crabs, Shrimps and other seafoods.

THE ISLAND TOUR:
This was one of the best experiences that CMC Villa gave us. They made our whole stay way better than how we expected it. The tour guide brought us to islands that are serene. Each and every island we went to was like a hidden paradise. This made me realize that God really has made a lot of things for us that we have to take care of. It's just a shame that most people didn't take care of Boracay. For once I found out about Caramoan, I could really say that this is the virgin Boracay for it has more things to offer compared to Bora although it is not that developed yet. I just hope that the locals and tourists who would visit this place would keep the place as it is. Something this beautiful should be taken care of.

All in all, my family and I were all very satisfied with the tour package and accommodation that CMC Villa Caramoan provided us. We would definitely recommend this to everyone who would like to visit the pristine islands of Caramoan.

5 thumbs up to CMC VIlla Caramoan! :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank michaelkonrad
Reviewed May 13, 2012

If you want to have good memories of your Camsur trip, never make the mistake of getting the package at CMC Villa Caramoan! My boyfriend and I were duped by this resort! We were charged P11,200 for 2 persons inclusive of 3day island hopping tour with tour guide, island transfers and full board and lodging. Note: accommodation is not included on the above mentioned amount coz we get it thru Agoda so if overall it will cost us almost 20k for just the 2 of us, very expensive for the service they gave us.
My disappointments:
(1) The website was deceiving the beautiful beach pictures are nowhere near the resort which was located in a secluded area (beside ricefields and far from the town called Paniman). The resort was not impressive at all!! (
2) The food - we arrived at the resort around 1:30pm and were served for lunch tinolang manok, 2 crabs, veggies, rice, and fresh bananas! Not bad at all, since it’s semi-buffet our first lunch is quite impressive, but food in the succeeding days turned out lame, we noticed that they repeat food all over again, like reheating it, fried fish is hard as a rock that u can’t even bite and chew it, since my boyfriend is a foreigner first day I warned them about his food cravings, and the management (Mayora the caramoan Mayor’s wife which is the owner of the resort and Kim assistant of miss. colleen assured us about the food that’s why we get their package) but what we got is the unsatisfactory every day with the food, they put a lot of rice for 2 people, 1st day and 2nd day lunch only that we had a banana but the rest of the days no desert at all, just to different dishes a chicken and a vegetable and a bunch of rice. No breads in the morning just plain rice. The cost of our entire mean including the water from the dispenser could not have gone over P300.00 or more for 2 adults but the cost of the package for each person is P5600/3 = 1870/person P1870x2 = P3740 per day for meal and tour only coz the accommodation we paid separately. Too expensive for 2 kinds of dish and a bunch of rice.
(3) The island hopping – they said tour starts at 7am but it never happened, tour guide is late because they prepare breakfast late also. Then the unforgettable island hopping (yup...but in a negative way) - they did not have any concrete plans on where to bring us. We were on the sea for more than an hour to get to our first white sand beach. Then the second island is where we’re taking out lunch, lunch at 10am to a beach full of seaweeds! And because of the tide we’re stucked there for 3hrs coz the boat can’t get thru because of the rocks and seaweeds! The boatman said that the mayora (wife of mayor who incidentally owns cmc villa caramoan) told them to bring us there - the mayor's/mayora's beach! The trip was unsalvageable at this point. Note: staying overnight in Bosdak beach with buko juice and bonefire is included In the package but we never experience, they never even offered us. We stayed longer stuck in an island for lunch and more time on the boat than swimming and seeing beautiful island. We asked some other boats and guides we had encountered they said they did 5-7 island per day, but with CMC villa 2-3 island per day and they don’t even care taking us to one of those numbers of island without us asking them. SUCKS!! I remember our tour guide is Ate nena and the boatman is her husband. I even heard the boatman telling our tour guide about the gas of the boat. It even stopped in the middle of the sea. Damn right!?
(4) island transfer - after a disappointment from a tour we’ve waited for the villa’s service to pick us up from Paniman shore to the resort. Damn! They made us wait for more than 2 hours in a dark and lots of mosquitoes sea shore, with our wet clothes dried of waiting. I’m afraid about my boyfriends safety, it’s getting dark in a place where we don’t know anyone, (though people in camsur are nice we’ll never know) we’re tired and hungry, by the time that we reached the resort staffed said they lose communication. Damn! How can u forget that u have a guest and responsibility???
(5) CMC staff – they don’t know what to do without instructing them. They barely speak and understand English which is not good for such a tourist place. I don’t remember they checked our room for cleaning or if we need towels or anything that we need. They have a lot of staff at a time for like more than 10 people and with only few guest but not attended well, everyone is sitting in a couch talking their business, not even asked us if we need anything. Bread, bananas, desert always not available when they owned transportation services which they can use going to the centro to buy us, it’s around 10-15mins from CMC. They don’t care unless they are commanded with person in charge but the thing is, we only saw Mayora and Kim on our first day and then rest of the stay front desk is empty. Staff needs more training! We only heard Sorry 50times, we didn’t paid for their sorry in the first place. On our last day we’re having breakfast Mayor and Mayora came in the resort and just say “hi” without saying something, like nothing happened! I won’t give this resort not even 2 for the ratings, the only good thing I remembered is the Security Guard which picked us up in the Centro in the middle of the night by just 1 text and he accommodated us well even if he’s not the tricycle’s driver coz he said driver is sleeping so he just get the key and drive for us, and the Jacuzzi room which we paid for of course.
My advise: go to Camsur because it has a lot to offer but run as far away as possible from CMC Villa Caramoan! If you can refund your deposit, do so...unless you are prepared to ruin your vacation!
• Stayed May 2012 (couple vacation)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jaki a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caramoan
Tugawe Cove Resort
#5 of 20 in Caramoan
West Peninsula Villas
West Peninsula Villas
#4 of 20 in Caramoan

Been to CMC Villa Caramoan? Share your experiences!