Gota Village Resort
Daniel's Place(Caramoan)
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot cold waterisland hoppinglocal faresmall fridgenearby islandsthe cottagesfresh seafoodday tourper daylow tidecovebeachescrewboatnagaresortaccommodation
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went overnight at Gota Village while typhoon Labuyo was slashing Luzon. Twas signal #1 from #3 the day before. Sea transfer was cancelled. However, since we were already at Sabang Port, we decided to take a private banca. 2.5 hours of a roller coaster ride on the rough seas. There was no turning back and we entrusted our lives to God and the 2 boatmen. The journey seemed endless. Alas, Caramoan port was in sight that I wanted to hug Jack, the boatman as a sign of relief and gratitude for a safe journey. The van was already there waiting for us. Another 30 mins of road travel until we reached Gota Resort. We were greeted with a cold towel and drinking water which wiped the salt from our face & neck. We were then led into our wooden cabin with linen white bed comforters and fresh towels. I didn't expect that a govt-owned resort will be this nice and comfy. Lunch was good - talong salad, grilled fish & chix adobo. After filling our stomach, we went island hopping. We saw the island where the different Survivor episodes were shot incl the local one and the TV series Paraiso. Different islands had different charms. Twas massage time before dinner - pork sinigang, grillef tulingan & Bicol express. Breakfast @ 530am - corned beef & fried egg, the ff day before my children and son-in-law went river tubing & cliff diving. All these were part of our package with some extras. Thanks to Resty, the manager, who was so accommodating that he wanted us to have a great time during our stay. Our return boat ride was now a bigger boat for approx 70
persons. There were portions of rough rides too and I got wet again but the sea was calmer this time unlike when we arrived.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank mcorsantos
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a nice resort in a secluded location. Do not go there if you expect to be able to get to town by foot.

We went there during the low season. As such there were perhaps more staff than guests. The service was good and the staff was friendly. I wouldn't say that the service is exceptional but it was pleasant.

Because the resort situated in a remote location, we had most of our meal at the resort's restaurant. I must say the food is really quite good. The pricing is similar to a restaurant pricing in Manila- which is kinda understandable considering the location, a lot of the stuff probably need to be shipped from the city.

Room is clean and poky. Not big but adequate.

I highly recommend kayaking to the nearby islands on a calm day. It's beautiful!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ChloeC_KL
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were just about to have a quick stop at the resort but when we saw their cabins it made us stay for 2 nights.. And got a 50% off on our second night... every thing went out well except for the pricey foods. But it's quite understandable due to its location. The Good thing is you can take foods from outside. No corkage was being collected.

I love the cabins.. We got a place for 4 pax.. It's a spacious room with couch and working desks but not the en suite bathroom. :-(.. The shower cubicle I even found it too small even for the Asian guests. Anyways It has a small flat screen tv with limited cable channels and small fridge for your foods and water. I'm quite impressed with their clean and comfortable beds and mattresses.. And the clean beach towels as well.

About the island hopping , the resort has different activities to offer in a reasonable price. You can check it at their front desk. The resorts staffs and crews were accommodating and respectful which gives us the such comfort of a tranquil gateway.

Room Tip: Closest to the shore
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Billeah10
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I love Gota village. The wooden cabins are perfect for any weather. It it's summer, it protects you from too much heat and keeps you warm during the colder ber-months. The hotel has this homey ambiance.

The beach in front of Gota village is quite small but the white sand is powdery and the water is crystal clear. From this beach, you can go on island hopping to see the limestone formations in different islands.

I love the service and the fact that they welcome you with a cool drink reflects the high level of hospitality their give to their clients.

There's not much tourists going to caramoan so the gota village is quite relaxing and quiet most of the time.

The only setback is it takes time to get to gota village and caramon island so you have to prepare yourself for a very long drive and several boat transfers from naga,camsur.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank neilthewanderer
Reviewed June 1, 2013

GOTA is where the staff of the hit TV reality series Survivor stays whenever they are in town, and I could understand why. I stayed here with my office mates and I enjoyed the ambiance, the beach, the bed, the water and the pristine environment. I believe this place is the only place to stay when you are in Caramoan, and I am surprised it is not number 1 - perhaps the food and the service are the big downers, but I really didn't mind it. While there are other accommodations, GOTA has the nicest beach area - and that is really one of the main reasons you went to Caramoan in the first place.

Pros:
1. Awesome beach area, you just have to choose a cabana close to the beach otherwise the top most cabanas will take about 10 minutes to hike to the beach
2. Very comfortable beddings - I slept like a baby!
3. Cabana has a nice wooden smell and homey feel. It was very clean and aircon was cold (helps in the morning when it is hot)
4. If you are a fan of Survivor, you'll see the areas where they shot some of the scenes
5. Well priced, especially if you are a big group

Cons:
1. It is not actually open all the time. They close at times so you'll need to call them
2. Order your food early, otherwise you'll wait long
3. Not a lot of channels, but basics are there like HBO
4. Not a lot of activities available at night
5. The van that fetched us was a bit run down, though it allowed us to breath in the fresh air
6. Wifi only available in the front desk cabana

Room Tip: Choose a cabana near the beach
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends