“Nice Service”
Review of Rex Tourist Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caramoan
Rex Tourist Inn
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Nice little hotel in the middle of Caramoan town. The rooms are very basic and simple. Nice hot and cold shower. Every 7pm, electricity runs offs but after half an hour it resumes. the bed is quite hard. they provide clean towels and blankets. The tour package was awesome. The staffs are friendly and always smile at you. the Food were ok.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank simply_owen

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Decided to check out a few places during my visit to Caramoan and always happy to walk in off the street to see what you get for your money. Staff friendly and pleased to show me around but this place has removed the staircase at the rear of the inn to accommodate the hardware shop underneath. There is one way in and one way out and as mentioned in another post, bars on windows etc If there is a fire in this place YOU HAVE NO ESCAPE. It's dangerous do not stay here. Caramoan is beautiful and there are safer and reasonably priced places to stay.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Matilda S
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I made reservations via phone & SMS and confirmed through e-mail. I asked for a room at the annex but the man that picked me up at Guijalo port brought to the main one (the oldest one on top of the hardware store). I was told that power was out at the annex. I was given a room with two beds. I quickly discovered that the water heater wasn't functioning so I was moved to the last room at the end of the hallway. At least it had a window which gave a view of the fields behind the building. My only concern was that all the windows were had bars and there was no fire escape. I would be trapped in case a fire broke out. The airconditioning unit was attached to the wall at the same level as the bed (weird). The power kept going out the three days I was there. On the third day, they laid out a series of extension cords along the corridor to attach the rooms to the main line outside. (Scary...) Over -all I paid too much for the room. No towels - old sheets (I'm glad I brought my own). Service was pleasant enough but not really attentive.. There are other places in town.

Room Tip: ASk for the other annex near the river closer to Bikal.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank JEmmanuelLasPinas
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We got a fan room for P300 and it fit our budget since it was our last day in Caramoan and we'd be heading to CWC early the next day anyway. The room was at the end of the second floor hallway.

The room's door knob was not working (to say the least) so they gave us a padlock that served as the lock from outside. From inside you'd lock the room using a small latch, but for some reasons we did not worry about it.

The linens seemed as if they have not been touched for the longest time so we asked for new sheets lucky for us they obliged! We also were able to ask for hot water for our instant coffee.

The staff was helpful.

They have a veranda where you can enjoy coffee and cigarettes.

The inn is also near most "carinderia" where you can find home-cooked meals at a budget price. It is also within walking distance to the church.

Room Tip: If you get the budget accommodation (like the one we got), you'd use the common bathroom near th...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank lily p
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Well rex tourist inn is a quite nice place to stay compare to other inn specially with regards to facility staff are very warm and very accommodating but the problem is if you don't know the pricing or how to bargain you will be surprise of how other guest can squeeze their price not to mention that this are foreigners and we as local are not getting that benefit it's kind a frustrating reality that's happenning in caramoan. But if we don't find it out how this foreigners can get huge discounts and we dont I can say that still it's affordable to stay there. But all in all Rex inn is the place you can visit and stay with regards to all the staff fantastic and superb service maybe that's the important thing though two thumbs up to all the staff of Rex inn

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Chinggoy
Reviewed November 28, 2011

When visiting Caramoan, one has to stay in the town and from there, tour to the islands are arranged. My friedns and I stayed at Rex Tourist Inn- Caramoan Garden, which is an extension of the Rex Tourist Inn located in Centro, Caramoan Town. We were charged for a whole package which included 2 nights stay, full board plus 2 days of island hopping. Price was very reasonable. Food was good and staff were friendly.

Accommodation and amenities are basic. But in a place like that, all one needs is a clean toilet with good water pressure and bath and airconditioned room to be able to rest after a day of island hopping.

What makes it very nice is that there is a river at the back and the place where the meals are served is by the river. Scenery is very green, thus very relaxing. A motorized banca comes into the river and picks up guests right there to go island hopping. Since it is very lush, different kinds of birds can be seen around.

If you plan to go to Caramoan, Rex Caramoan Garden is the place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank milliepoartillaga
Reviewed February 5, 2011

If you're looking for simple, basic accommodations in Caramoan, this place meets this requirement. Clean sheets, and bathroom. Bed is thin but comfy. Its located in the 2nd floor of a building.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends