“A Great Escape”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cherry Valley
Corona, CA
“A Great Escape”
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Everything about this resort was incredible - The spacious room, the beautiful view of the lavender field from our window, the peace & quiet, the quality of service, the holiday cooking class we attended, the lush beauty of the grounds, our gourmet meal at the Great Oak Steakhouse - what an absolutely surprising delight. We plan to return!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank T0mL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I've had the pleasure of working in the hotel industry for 10 years. In those 10 years, I traveled for my company to 34 different countries and stayed in 5 star hotels in all of them. While I do not consider myself a "foodie," I've had some pretty great meals. This past weekend I attended a cooking class at Highland Springs Resort with a friend and ate in the restaurant afterward. Of all the restaurants I've eaten in all over the globe, this was by far the most delicious meal I've ever had! The Chef's love of food is obvious in every bite and it's clear he works very closely with his staff to ensure every dish is pure, every plate perfect. ...and then dessert came. I had the Lemon Tart Creme Brulee and would have been quite happy to marry the Pastry Chef on the spot! Bravo to the entire team! I can't wait to come back and I look forward to bringing all my visiting family and friends with me!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Trish_90210
Ventura, California
Reviewed December 5, 2010

It was wonderful ..the food was outstanding, people were very friendly and we got the needed rest we needed. I reccomend the homemade lilac tea. This resort had been there so long our parent frquented the place and they are in their 90's. A great escape for a reasonable price.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank msrsl1000
Irvine, California
Reviewed December 5, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by the place. There were many old bldgs and remnants of the time when it was a spa. There were lavender fields outside our window, a very old oak tree, and olive grove, and some good walking paths. Our room was spacious and nice. and the food was truly incredible. Every meal was 4 star quality - w/ great service. The resort is near the apple picking towns. We are def going back. It is a great way to get out of town for a while. * the only thing we would add? they need to put safety latches on the top part of the doors. Our 2 year old son was easily able to turn the doorknob and open the door ,even with the dead bolt latched because they are directly related.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Surprising to discover this wonderful special deal at this place. The room is huge size than standard hotel like a suite, free wifi in room, antiques type furnitures. Bathroom is dated. Yet, new owners who owned this place are in the process of renovating the bathroom. It's nice that it's so close to LA, nice weekend getaway, yet far enough to give you a different feel. The restaurant is OUTSTANDING, food is so yummy here. We had both dinner and breakfast at Grand Oaks, pancake & steaks so good. You can't get a better deal than 2 adults dinner & a room for $99! We absolutely love the trails, nature of this place, definitely will be back, really pleasant surprise to discover here, our nephew visited the trails before and told us about it, so glad we discovered here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Corona, California
Reviewed November 13, 2010

We booked $99 special deal with Highland Springs Resort. It comes with 1 night stay at Deluxe Inn and $55 credit towards dinner for two. I will review restaurant separately.

First of all, the room is clean but they don’t have a coffee maker inside the room. You have to request it from front desk when you check in. The bathroom is super old with small holes and rusty. A shower head is way too low for a 6’0 tall person. My partner literally had to bend his back to take a shower. It was terrible! They don’t have any toiletries at all when we arrived. I had to ask front desk to make us a packet. Did I mention no hair dyer?

Sleep quality; the mattress is kinda hard for me although a bedding set is nice. I also could hear people from upstairs when they’re walking. If you get irritated easily, it would be better to book a room upstairs or get a cottage instead.

Overall, if you want a quick getaway from busy life and do not care much about old bathroom, flaws, etc. This place will definitely fit your situation. I will return again but will stay at the suite which they completely remodeled.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank meaw_chick
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Strangest place I have ever stayed. Kind of a charming dump. Partially upgraded rooms- beautiful wood floors, nice bed linens, flat screen tv's, with filthy 60's bathrooms, awful lumpy beds, unkept grounds, & ancient stained pool towels. Tennis courts? Yea right.. Leave your rackets at home. The court hasn't been maintained for 40 years. There are a few modern upgrades, but the "Catskills of the West" is stuck in the 60's. Kept waiting for Patrick Swayze to come teach me how to dance. What made the trip worth it? The Grand Oak Steakhouse. One of the best experiences I've had!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

#1 of 9 in Redlands
Holiday Inn Express Hotel  & Suites Banning
Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa
Days Inn Banning Casino/Outlet Mall

Been to Highland Springs Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!