“Racisst Owner”

Paul Bunyan Resort
Ranked #15 of 24 Restaurants in Westwood
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Locally famous for their wonderful cinnamon rolls made fresh each morning - they also offer terrific milk shakes, ice cream cones, in addition to various hot lunch foods.
San Francisco, California
“Racisst Owner”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

If you are any other race but "white" don't expect to be treated fairly, with kindness or even allowed to stay there.

Our friends and we had reserved adjoining campgrounds. We made reservations in advance; but when we showed up, the owner Linda would not let us stay. She told us that she "overbooked" and reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. She was extremely rude. I'm Asian and my husband is black. We didn't fit in to her white campground.

Our friends of course were let in and told us that there were a number of empty campsites. They are both white.

Don’t patronize this business!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank susan l

“The owner is a creep”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I am not one to complain usually but the owner treated my family as if we were criminals. We were accused of throwing a non existant party. Yeah because I love to party with my 70 year old grandma, my 10 year old cousin, and my 2 year old nephew. I have never been treated this poorly.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jetdaisy
Santa Cruz, California
“Babe's B & B”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in the B & B part of the Paul Bunyan Resort last weekend. I searched online before I made the reservations and couldn't find any info about the B & B so I was a little hesitant about making reservations. I was worried it would be rustic & not in a good way. I decided to take a chance & I'm so glad I did! We stayed in one of the 3 rooms on the bottom floor, which are nice because they have their own entrances without having to go through the common area of the B&B. Our room appeared to be newly renovated and was spotless. The building is right across from the marina; the rooms upstairs must have wonderful views of the lake. We were concerned at first about road noise because it is right on the main road in the area but once inside it was fine. The common area of the B & B is really nice too. It has a kitchen & living room area and a big deck in the back with a fire pit. Breakfast is your choice from the breakfast menu at the Frosty & is included with the B & B stay & everything we had was surprisingly delicious - including the infamous cinnamon rolls. We also had burgers there one night and burritos another and they were good too. Oh and the butter finger milkshake will haunt my dreams. I've read some negative reviews about the owner of the Paul Bunyan Resort. I can't comment on that because she wasn't there during our visit but the staff we encountered were all very, very nice. The location is centrally located. We swam at the lake, fished the Feather, spent a day at Lassen National park and went to the 4th of July festivities in Chester and never felt like we had to drive too far. A plus for those traveling with their furry friends, we found Babes B & B and the whole Lake Almanor area to be very dog friendly!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SplashingInPuddles
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Love Love Love Paul Bunyan's Frosty.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Fun experience, friendly staff, good outdoor seating and great burgers. Good mexican food and fish tacos, also. Can even enjoy a beer in the outdoor beer garden with your yummy burger. Ice cream and shakes are good, too. Best cinnamon rolls in NoCal!

• Visited September 2012
“SMALL ICE CREAMS!! Great if you don't really like ice cream and are on a diet!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very nice employees and good food. Owner has very strong opinion about how large an ice cream should be. I was willing to pay extra for a larger soft serve as these are truly the smallest I have seen.(and I have seen a lot )! The owner was polite but firm in her belief that a large should be the size of other's small. Maybe she is like the Mayor Bloomberg of Lake Almanor!:-)