“Caesar salad a bit too salty...”
Review of Fresh Corn Grill

Fresh Corn Grill
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Westwood
Cuisines: American
Oakland, California
“Caesar salad a bit too salty...”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Fresh Corn Grill looking enticing, but I was disappointed by the saltiness of the Caesar salad. It was tasty, and copious, however. As other reviewers mentioned, this is not a regular sit-down restaurant. There are so many other choices in the immediate area, that this is not a restaurant to which I will return.

• Visited January 2013

Los Angeles
“Damm good sandwich”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Sandwiches can be boring. Often we eat them just because we are hungry, easy to make or cheap. Fresh Corn Grill makes a fine sandwich, it's large size can feed two and give you a great flavor profile. Shimp, or chicken cajun style sandwiches are their speciality. Small menu, not really a sit down place, they have a couple of tables, inside and out. Parking can be bit of a drag but not a deal breaker. Logistics aside, try their sandwiches and I think you will really like this place.

• Visited December 2012
West Los Angeles, California, United States
“Quality, healthy food that tastes great”
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Love the shrimp tacos and the salmon sanwhich is also great! The prices are really reasonable too!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Take Out Place”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My wife and I have sampled a lot of the menu here and have pretty much enjoyed everything that we have tried. If I could give it a 3 and 1/2 I would. Be prepared this is not like a sit down restaurant where a waiter or waitress takes your order. You stand in line, get a number and somebody will bring it to your table, it's a very small restaurant and can be incredibly noisy, crowded and tough to get a seat but the food and service is what keeps you coming back. There's a Scottich guy named, Cameron, who works there he is on top of everything and makes sure your order is just right.

The steak tacos are great, you can't go wrong with them.

For lunch I highly recommend the tuna salad they serve it on an incredible roll or pita type thing, it is amazing.

The corn vegetable bowls are my all time favorites, I love it with the Asian BBQ sauce more than the ginger curry, make sure you ask for a 2nd sauce as well, sometimes the 1st one doesn't go the distance. I've had the bowls with the salmon, shrimp and steak and they are all excellent.

The least favorite out of anything that we've had here is the pizza, I would give that a pass and order it from a pizzeria if that's what you are craving.

For sort of a casual place it's a little higher priced than you might think but to me the freshness and quality of the food make up for it along with the service.

• Visited March 2012
Richmond, VA
“Great meal for a non-traditional restaurant”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My wife and I were in Westwood for our daughter's UCLA MFA art show, so we didn't know the area. Looking for a good, quick meal late on a Friday evening, we passed by the Fresh Corn Grill and the line out the door caught our attention. We parked and walked up the street to check it out. Loved the menu, so in we went. Had to wait about three people deep to order at the counter. My wife snagged a table while I waited in line. She choose the Sundried Tomato Pizza. I saw the size of a bowl of pasta on a nearby table and knew that was for me. Not sure of the exact description from the menu board, I went with the Sundried Tomato Pasta and added grilled chicken. Other add-in choices are shrimp, salmon or skirt steak. We waited about 7-8 minutes and the food was delivered to our table, via a table card system. The amount of sundried tomatoes on my wife's pizza was overwhelming. So much she took about half off. My pasta was fantastic, besides the sundried tomatoes, it had fresh tomatoes, corn, asparagus and basil in a light, vodka style sauce. The amount was so much, we both took some home to our B&B. Just had the remainder for a light lunch. So where others have not been happy that it isn't a full-service restaurant, knowing how good the food is should make up for it. Highly, highly recommended.

• Visited March 2012