“What a find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kalani's

Kalani's
Reserve with OpenTable
Kalani's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Sushi, Japanese, American, Asian, Hawaiian, Pacific Rim
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Park Ave Hwy 50
United Kingdom
“What a find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I found this place by accident but what a find. The food and service was so good that we went back again on our second night in South Shore. The food is a cross between Hiwian, sushi, American, which gives you something suitable for most tastes. I took the recommendation of our server and had the special pork chop the first time around. I wasn't disappointed as it was delicious. On our second visit I had the sea bass which excellent. The evening was made even more speacial by the staff who were curtious and helpful. I wish Kalanis's was closer to home. Great restaurant.

Visited June 2013

Bakersfield, California
“Best Sea Bass Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Lot's of restaurants boast about their great sea bass but Kalani's truly is the best. Perfectly cooked, seared lightly for a perfect flavor.

Others in our party had the filet mignon, ribeye, and lamb shake. They were all very good, but we shared bites and everyone agreed the sea bass was best.

Excellent service too.

• Visited June 2013
Sonora, California
“Cant believe I havent found this place in 9 years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This place has great sushi. Period. You dont need to know more. But it also has great Hawaiian a la Roy's. This is a find. Coconut Prawns not something I would normally order but these were fantastic. Not your usual over-battered, dull tasting Sysco brand. Done right with a wonderful lemongrass sauce. Add a little sriracha and its heaven!

Oh and the Mai Tais are pretty darn good too!

• Visited June 2013
sonoma county
“Good Sushi in South Lake Tahoe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Located in the same complex where the Heavenly Valley tram takes an amazing vertical ride up the mountain. They have a pretty decent ahi poke sashimi and some kalbi style short ribs, which tended to be a bit on the fatty side for my taste. They have a good selection of fresh sushi/sashimi and some pretty creative rolls. Their signature drink is their Mai Tai which was so tasty! I would highly recommend one (or two). For dessert, they do a fabulous spin on bread pudding using macadamia nuts in the pudding with a creme anglaise that is to die for. We sat at the bar tables and they had just opened for dinner and the service was very good.

• Visited May 2013
Brentwood, California
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our food: a great tuna steak and boar chops. Even though the tuna steak was not on a menu, our waiter asked the cook if he could prepare the steak for my husband. Curtis (the waiter) chose great wines to complement our food, and then recommended espresso martini as a nice finish of the great dinner. We will visit Kalani's again and hope that Curtis will be our server.

• Visited May 2013