“Awesome and fresh!”
Review of Kalani's

Kalani's
Reserve with OpenTable
Kalani's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Park Ave Hwy 50
Vacaville, California
“Awesome and fresh!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went for Valentines Day and it was busy! But service was prompt. I had the ahi tartare, because I love tuna tartare and this was one of the best I have had.. My hubby had carrot ginger soup which he loved.. I then had the crab cakes which were small but delish and the spicy tuna rolls which also were good.. My hubby had the sea bass with wasabi mashed pot.. He says the fish was tasty but not a good pairing with the sea bass but he still highly enjoyed it. This is a pricy restaurant but well worth it.. Go!

• Visited February 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Upscale, but kids are welcome.”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The food was good. Steak was tender and had a nice flavor. Sushi was good. All the restaurants in the village had waits each night for dinner, so we made a reservation here. Since it was upscale, we were not sure if taking kids was a good idea. They DO have a good kids menu. They gave out crayons. You do see families here.

Montebello, California
“Eh! Not what I expected from a top Tahoe restaurant ...”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Well we started with making a Kate reservation for a party of 5 at 845pm. We figured well worth the wait... We got there 15 minutes early and they really tried to accommodate is early, plus. We asked if they offered Omekase. But the server sisnt know what that was. This is a sushi/ Hawaiian fusion cuisine. The sushi chef said yes but when we asked about the amount of courses, they decided they didn't offer Omekase. Well I ordered the Huli huli duck breast. Delicious! Another had the rib eye. That was gone. She sisnt bro v the two appetizers new ordered guest. Disappointing And she being the sushi for three in our party and its sashimi! She blames the person who ordered Wrong! Serving 101! Please the guest and NEVER blame them for an order gone wrong. Just fix it!
I would go back just for the entree side of Hawaiian fusion menu and not sushi bar. Sushi should be has at a traditional sushi house

So. California
“Delicious”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food was excellent and I have to compliment them on their sushi which was especially fresh. The entree we chose was also very good. They had a nice selection of wines to choose from as well. Do not forget the dessert...the banana spring roll with caramel sauce and vanilla bean ice cream...oh my, very delicious.

Baltimore
“Inventive Pacific Rim Dishes”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

To me, most Polynesian themed restaurants are hokey. But Kalani's is definitely not in that category. First, the service is exceptional, somebody here knows how to train staff and how to run a restaurant properly. We were there on New Year's Eve, it was very busy, and the service level was incredible. Second, the menu selections were combinations of ingredients we had not seen elsewhere, inventive, original, and excellent. They call their food Pacific Rim Fusion, and that is a pretty good description. My wife had Escargot that came nestled in garlicky Thai basil bread crumbs that were off the scale delicious. I had grilled snapper, served in a hot and sour miso broth with juliened vegetables that showed off all of the flavors of the different ingredients. There were so many great sounding offerings, that we have to go back and sample some more.
It's not cheap, but food this good seldom is.