“Tasty! but a little slow”
Review of Blue Angel Cafe

Blue Angel Cafe
Cuisines: Asian, European, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Blue Angel Cafe & Catering Co. features fresh, innovative food from around the world and we hope you stop in to sample our eclectic menu and enjoy our cozy atmosphere. We have a beer, wine and espresso bar to complement our menu. Come sit by the fire after a day of skiing, or bring the dog by for a beer in our summer garden after a Tahoe hike. Recently celebrating our 10 year anniversary, we have come to be a favorite among visitors and locals alike. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stopped by with my husband's family. I had a garbanzo bean and quinoa dish. My sis-in-law had a chicken breast with sweet potato fried. My in-laws had soup. I thought everything was very tasty! The only suggestion I would make would be to add a dollop of yogurt to the bean dish. The sweet potato fries were done enough to be slightly carmelized and came with a nice aioli.

The only drawback was the service was a little slow. My husband felt the place was a little funky. Okay. I give him both of those points. But the food was good! I will definitely return when we're back in the area.

There are newer reviews for Blue Angel Cafe

Reviewed August 26, 2013

After spending the morning driving, hiking, and taking photos around the northern and eastern shores of the Lake, we were looking for a good place to have lunch. Using Yelp, I found the Blue Angel Cafe which is located a few blocks off of the main strip. As others have noted, it has quite an eclectic menu and we all tried different items: curried chicken, fish tacos, Thai chili chicken pizza, kale salad, falafel wrap. The food was delicious, locally sourced, creative, well-seasoned, and reasonably priced. The wait staff was pleasant, helpful, and non-intrusive. We ate outside and enjoyed the beautiful view of the surrounding mountains.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were looking for a quick bite and ended up at this cute little spot on Ski Run Blvd. The menu was quite eclectic so we couldn't decide. We ordered three items to split. The Chicken garbonzo bean soup, mussels and pulled pork. The soup had a little heat, but the deep rich flavor of the broth and the peppers made it heavenly, the beans made it healthy. The mussels were in a garlic rosemary broth, with bread to soak up the juice, some of the best we have ever had............BUT THEN, it came to the Pulled Pork. Now I'm a southern girl and we have an outdoor wood fired oven and I can make some mean pulled pork. This was with out a doubt the BEST PULLED PORK we have ever had. My husband said, "Honey, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but this is better than your." He was right. We went back the next day and took my son and his wife. They both said they wanted to come back to lake Tahoe, for the food and this restaurant.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Chose the Blue Angel as the menu appealed. When ordering, 2 items were not available, which we wanted to order. Not large portions, so quite pricey for the meal we had.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I attended a wedding July 10 and the reception was held at the banquet room on the 2nd floor of this restaurant. It is a very nice place for an intimate wedding reception. We were served with 3 kinds of dip and their roasted mushroom pesto is to die for. It tastes so good I had to ask for the ingredients in it. The main course was chicken marsala and salmon. They were both very delicious. The salmon especially is soooooooo tender and cooked just right, it's not dry at all.
I don't know about their offer food, but what we were served, FANTASTICO!!!