“Very Disappointed!”

Bert's Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Used to be my favorite place until last Monday, Sep 2, 2013, when they refused my takeout order because they said they were too busy. Really, how long does it take to put an order in a takeout containder? I guess they were too busy to care if they lost a 30-year customer. I will take my breakfast business to Red Hut from now on. Their biscuits and gravy are better anyway . . .

2  Thank Lisa T

Reviewed July 21, 2013

A friend and I went to breakfast at Bert's Cafe this morning (Sunday) and what a great experience. The wait time would have been quite extensive, but the dapper man who greeted
us asked if we would like to sit at the counter. As there were two seats together we decided to take it. The offer of water and something to drink was almost immediate. Fortunately, the coffee was outstanding. The menu is quite extensive so it was difficult to decide. I tried the fittata and my friend had an omelet. I had seen the cook prepare hash browns and decided that I would select those over the home fries (something I don't generally do). We both tried the different potatoes and were in agreement that the hast browns were outstanding. My plate was wonderful. I first received the home fries (rather than hash browns as ordered) and the waitress apologized and my plate was returned to me within a matter of seconds. Our coffee cups were kept filled and coffee was always fresh (both reguar and decaf). We both were going to try the egss benedicts, but decided not to. After seeing what the order looks like, we will be back soon to try one of their benedicts. What a great service team Bert's has. All of our contacts were kind, considerate and above all, seemed very genuine. I'm actually happy it is some distance away or I would be there way too often. My comments for "Bert's" is to keep up the good work and thank you so very much!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This looks like where the locals eat. A very relaxed home town place with that dinner feel The food was very good, I had an omelet which was outstanding. Everyone there makes sure well taken care off, we had 4 different people pass by our table to make sure we were good.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Yummy blueberry pancakes and French toast. Quick service. I think a family owns it and the presumable owner/dad (not sure on this) was very friendly and even gave us advice on bike trails. Our waitress was friendly and prompt. We sat at the counter where you can watch how they run and you could tell they are a well-oiled machine! I would definitely recommend Bert's place for breakfast!

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

A classic Tahoe experience. Located on High 50, near the "Y", makes it easy to get to for those driving from the Bay Area to South Shore.
Bert's feels like old timey South Shore, the one I knew from the 60's. Right on the highway, big windows remind you that you are in the forest. A simple design where the restaurant's energy is devoted to it's customers.
No high brow, pretentious cuisine, this is home made fare, just lime you have hoped to find.
They have fresh squeezed orange juice, home fries, great salsa, oatmeal and THE breakfast, just like you would make if you found the time to shop, cook and had someone to clean up after you. Good news! You have Bert's.
You will find a great menu, friendly service, and yes you can get lunch too.
They are open 6:45 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
I LOVE it!!!