“Great Mexican in South Lake Tahoe”
Review of Cantina

Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
San Mateo, CA
“Great Mexican in South Lake Tahoe”
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We have been going to South Lake Tahoe in the summer for the past 5 years. We always pass the Cantina just past the Y on Hwy 50. This year we decided to have a low key night after watching the All Stars Game and dropped into the Cantina. YUMMY YUM. First this is NOT a hole in the wall Mexican Restaurant. Great indoor space and patio too. The chips and salsa are excellent. No greasy chips. So fresh you could eat the entire basket. I had an enchilada which was made with fresh grilled chicken breast. IT WAS the BEST enchilada I every had. Great combination of sauce, etc. Service was very good too. My husband had the steak fajitas. He was disappointed that the meat didn't come sizzling on a platter, but looking back at the menu they didn't say they did. I tasted his and they seemed a bit salty. We will return. A great dinner, fun atmosphere, good beer at a reasonable price.

1 Thank MKtravelers19

nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the chingalingas appetizer worth the trip”
Reviewed August 28, 2008

I've been going to this place 30 years thru several changes in ownership. I may only get there once per year but the Chingalingas appetizer is tasy and priced reasonably. Bar is good, place has cleaned up under current ownership, I'd recommend it

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good burritos, service ok”
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Good burritos, service ok

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
California
“Good Mexican Place”
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Went here with several friends and had a good lunch. My wife and I had the enchiladas and were pretty impressed. We even came back a couple of days later and had the carnitas. The carnitas were good, but I think we'll go back to the enchiladas.
In our experience, the service was good and perfectly attentive.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Okay but So Many Better Places”
Reviewed October 30, 2006

Yes the food was okay. Not the best Mexican Food but not terrible. We actually ate here by mistake. We were looking for another Mexican place we ate at many years ago (which we found out is now an Irish Pub) and thought this was the place. Not even close. Skip it unless you prefer mediocre Mexican food.

1 Thank K2Travels