“Mediocre Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Chevys Fresh Mex - CLOSED

Chevys Fresh Mex
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
San Francisco, California
“Mediocre Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Unimpressive food at reasonable prices for Tahoe. Taco chips and salsa was fresh and tasty. Other items on the menu not competitive with other Mexican chains.

Visited March 2014

reno nv
“The Chevy's In Reno Is Gone And We Miss It !!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

So glad Chevy's is still at Lake Tahoe!!! Met by friendly people as we enter a man who answered the phone as we came in said someone will be right with you. A large party was being sorted out by the hostess and another person came and seated us Very professional!! It was not crowded and we got a nice window seat Our server was very friendly and offered more chips and salsa before the meal arrived My husband had feitas and I made up a combo I think my combo was made first because when it arrived the plate was hot but the food was cold. His was sizzling. I tasted and told the person who served it maybe it could be miked!! Right away the server who took our order came back said "I am sorry we are making a new one" The new one was perfect!!! Drinks were refilled and it was a good meal!!!

• Visited March 2014
Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan
“Kelly and the whole staff Rocks!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Great job done for our hungry group of 8!! Terrific food, chips and salsa and the margaritas too! Couldn't of been any better!! Thanks to All!!

San Francisco
“Mediocre on all accounts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Typical Chevy's.

Good, plentiful chips and salsa.
Okay enchiladas.
Blaa, bland, less-than-fresh rice and beans.
Mediocre service.
Mistakes with the order.
Quick and generally convenient.

• Visited December 2013
Playa Del Rey, CA
“One of the worst meals my wife and I have ever experienced.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I love good food. This was one of the worst meals my wife and I have ever experienced. We love Mexican food. This is not Mexican food. The restaurant tries to put up a Mexican vibe....tries....but the food is absolutely horrible. We did carry out. Very limited menu - went with Shrimp Fajitas...how can you mess that up? Shrimp were awfully undercooked, forgot my Jalapenos, didn't give me any tortillas...with Fajitas! Wife had Chicken Enchiladas - everything on her plate was orange....the rice, the sauce covering the enchiladas....everything was mediocre. Service was meh....very weird vibe, very amateur, felt poorly managed. We will never....ever....eat at a Chevy's again. Don't make the same mistake we did.

• Visited October 2013