“New Years Eve Dinner - good food, busy and crowded”
Review of Passaretti's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Passaretti's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Passaretti’s Italian Restaurant welcomes you to a privately owned Lake Tahoe restaurant where the daily goals have been the same for 30 years. Using recipes handed down through their Italian family, they have been successful in delighting locals and visitors alike.You’ll discover homemade soups and fresh made-to-order sauces, daily fresh seafood and nightly specials along with some of the most original pasta dishes and Italian favorites in town. Using the highest quality poultry, veal, seafood and produce they aim to please every kind of palate, from vegetarians to carnivores! They also offer a variety of specialty salads and antipasti. Customers can enjoy a complimentary soup or salad with each entrée, along with famous, locally made Truckee River sourdough bread. An inviting wine-bar, romantic booths and quaint patio seating provide the ambiance to fit any desired dining experience. They also are happy to accommodate larger parties in one of their separate rooms. Passaretti’s mission is to provide quality food and excellent service at everyday prices to all who dine with us.Over the last three decades, Passaretti’s has become known for its ability to make any event special for you and your family. In addition to the off-site catering, party trays and in-house parties they so professionally and flawlessly provide, they are now proud to introduce a new outdoor full-service wedding and events center, Al Fresco 1181. Nestled on the eastern edge of the restaurant’s beautifully landscaped property, it is an open-air space designed as a backdrop for any special occasion. Although they specialize in weddings, the venue is also available for birthday celebrations, family reunions or company parties. It can comfortably accommodate parties of 30-65 people with an elegant buffet hand-selected by you and comprised of the home-cooked Italian food Passaretti’s has become known for. They are proud to offer inclusive, yet affordable packages for your event starting at $22.95 per person.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

To be fair, it was New Years Eve which will test any restaurants ability to handle a crowd. This is a small place so we were a group of 7 tucked in a back room so it was very tight. I was at the end so bumped frequently during dinner. Waitress was very busy so service was a bit slow but you can tell its a family owned restaurant. The food was good, we ordered a variety of dishes - we had 3 vegetarians at the table and all were able to find something to eat. We were staying in the Nevada side in a condo by Stagecoach run of Heavenly and so the drive was about 35 minutes. I would like to try it when its not so crazy and sit in an area where I won't get bumped to give it a fair review.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is our second visit here. We love the service, the food and the ambiance. Everyone is very friendly and attentive to the customers. Just went last Saturday evening. Would recommend this to anyone that wants to go someplace that isn't in the hustle and bustle of the main Tahoe stuff.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Ended up eating dinner here twice in our one week stay in South Lake Tahoe. The whole family enjoyed the Italian food. They have a nice variety and both times, the wait staff was good. I love good bread before a meal and they delivered. If the weather is nice, they have a few tables in a covered patio area that I would recommend. My one son raved about the ravioli and I enjoyed a pesto cream sauce with my pasta. Good food at reasonable prices.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Have been coming here for a few years and we look forwards to it now. Well run, by a family it seems. Food and service is usually excellent, ambiance is very nice as well. This is a classic italian restaurant! I really give them points for the made to order fresh bread at the start of every meal, I mean FRESH hot and delicious. Served with 2 small bowls of parmesan and red pepper flakes. Also at the table is a bottle of olive oil and one full of balsamic. Is it just me, or is this heaven. I wish more italian restaurants would provide this. Food is usually very good or excellent. Only downside, and I think this has happened to us two years in a row now, is we called ahead to see if they were still serving late one night. We were told at 8:45 yes, we serve till 9:00 but come on down you will be fine. We arrived at 9:02 this year only to be told sorry, we're closed. Very irritating and I truly recall this situation from last years visit. We call to check, before driving to dine, makes sense right? Other than trying to arrive late, you will enjoy your meal here !

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our extended family (from NJ) vacationing at Lake Tahoe has been eating at upscale restaurants in the S Lake Tahoe area, and we decided to try a more casual, laid back place with good food. So, we checked out Trip Advisor and Yelp and came up with Passaretti's. We found the food to be very good and plentiful, and the service was outstanding (our waitress is the daughter of the owner Dan Passaretti). Even the salad that comes with the entrees was really good. My sister is kind of a snobby eater and was not looking forward to going to this place, but by the time she finished her appetizer she was sold. The wine list isn't exciting, but our waitress recommended a wine we had not heard of and it was quite good. It is not a fancy place by any means, but they have some interesting paintings by local artists on the wall for sale. For the value, this place was excellent.