“Please order the swordfish!”
Review of Cafe Fiore

Cafe Fiore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

My fiancée suggested this restaurant. He said I would love it! He was so right. Dinner was excellent. I had the swordfish and it was excellent. It was cooked to perfection. Melted in your mouth. Portions are large. After my salad I could not eat all of the entree. The restaurant is very small and intimate. I would definitely go back.

1  Thank Memoies

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This tiny restaurant sits off Ski Run Blvd in South Lake Tahoe. Only 7 tables so reservations are a must! It is definitely high-end as far as pricing (average entree is $35) but the food is amazing. We tried different pasta dishes - the Seafood Fra Diavolo was possibly the best I've ever had, the sauce was perfect. One of my companions requested additional lemon and capers be added when her picatta was ordered and they complied without a blink. The bread was served fresh and hot, the service of course was impeccable and the dessert we found room for was a work of art, espresso cream in between thin crispy pastry squares. Absolutely worth a visit for a special dinner or occasion.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Cafe Fiori was - for many year - our favorite restaurant in South Lake Tahoe. Unfortunately, quality of food as declined significantly since our last visit. For example the Chiopino which was traditionally made with black shelled mussles is now prepared with the previously frozen New Zealand type. The salad is no longer freshly made, it comes from these pre-packaged salad mixes you can get at your local grocer. The Pasta with Arragosta was just plain insipid with the canned mushrooms rather than porcini as it was in the past.
Clearly Fiore has opted for the easy road and ride their reputation. We've seen it before, a successful restaurant thinks it can lower food quality and remain competitive. I hope Fiore does not follow this same route

1  Thank karchi
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I ate at this resturant last Saturday night. We arrived on time and were seated right away. They told us the specials and we ordered. You get soup or sald with your entree. I ordered the fried meatballs and they were deliouse. My had the sausage pasta it was also very good a little spice in the sausage. The food was outstanding. They were featuring ooso bucco that night and it really looked good. The service was very proffessonal. They made sure you were taken care of and not at all pushy. They have a very good wine list and fairly priced. The price of the dinner and a glass of wine was very reaonably not overpriced in any way. They only have seven tables and the atmesphere is just great.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had the most lovely meal we have had in Lake Tahoe at this fabulous little Italian restaurant. They only have 7 tables so you have to book in advance, especially if you want to get a good seating time.

The wine list was extensive and they do half bottles so I could have red (Barbera) and my husband could have white (Pinot Grigio). Both excellent.

Appetisers were for sharing (If you are from the UK this takes some getting used to) but the Calamari was delicious.

Veal Osso Bucco and Loin of Pork were cooked to perfection.

We finished with the signature white chocolate ice cream - truly fabulous.

This place was recommended to us and it lived up to the recommendation. If we were staying longer we would be back - for sure.