“credit card double charge”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Stateline Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Tahoe (California)
Stateline Lodge
A TripAdvisor Member
“credit card double charge”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2004

I stayed in Stateline Lodge for two nights in Oct 04. Arrived at 10pm and need to wake up a clerk. Departed at 9am and couldn't find any clerk/management.

Credit card was incorrectly charged a second time in November. They must think that if I were senile enough they might get away with it. Very unprofessional.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Families
Solo
Business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2004

I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of September 2004. The room was very old -- old sheets, old blanket, old towers etc. The first night I managed to sleep. The second night, the next door occupant left the TV on it was unbelievably noisy in my room thru the thin wall I laid awake wondering why I came to Lake Tahoe at all. The service -- well I saw the front desk person the day I checked in. The front desk was closed the rest of the time I walked by. No coffee in the morning -- the front desk was closed at 9am even though it should be open according the sign on the door.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Lake Tahoe (California) hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2004

Man this place is so good! Its near an internet cafe, a great little mexican food restaurant, and they have free laundry room for guests! If you want some typical place with robotic service and boring rooms, stay at a casino. But if you want warm people and a relaxed atmosphere, stay at a place like this. I like a motel with character. Im definitely staying here on my next trip. The front desk guys were awesome! Guys if you read this, thanks for the help!

ps Sorry we stole those towels. And sheets.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
LA, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2004

I made a reservation to this so called lodge via Orbitz back in May of this year for the 4th of July weekend. Two weeks before our date of arrival, Orbitz called and said the lodge had overbooked and cancelled my reservation. The EXTREMELY RUDE STAFF AT ORBITZ also stated that the owner was refusing to accommodate the displaced guests and ORBITZ itself only corrected the situation by removing the lodge off their service. Neither the lodge or ORBITZ was able to compensate me with accommodations and I was left having to pay triple the amount in a new reservation two weeks before our vacation. Needless to say, I will never look into this lodge or use ORBITZ EVER AGAIN!!

1 Thank Secoya9
tampa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2004

What a dump! I too read the reviews on your site and thought this would be an okay hotel. I was wrong. It was rundown, filthy and the staff was totally inadequate. It reminded me of those seedy hotels you see on tv. The first room they gave us was already occupied by another customer. When we went in room he screamed at us wrong room. This could have been a very dangerous situation in view of the type of hotel it was. My advise to anyone wanting to stay in South Lake Tahoe don't even consider this hotel. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

1 Thank dbaird
, Owner/Manager at Stateline Lodge, responded to this review, August 6, 2004
A bad review is a good review to improve our hospitality. We take of great concern all of our reviews and share them with our staff in order to improve future guests accommodations or to praise them for their collaboration and services in making Stateline Lodge a great place to stay.

Stateline Lodge takes great pride in their staff and the work they do, in keeping the lodge a CLEAN, SAFE and CHEERFUL place for family and friends to come together.

Although we do recognize it’s impossible to accommodate everyone's special needs we will certainly try our best to assist everyone accordingly in order to make their stay here a pleasant one. It is to the best of our interest to make sure every guest who visits the lodge is a satisfied one and that their individual needs and concerns are met.

We are always looking for new ideas on how to improve our services. Therefore please feel free to post your reviews, for they will be taken into account and mostly considered.

To those concerned guests, please be advised Stateline Lodge is not a five star hotel. Although if possible we will go that extra mile for our guests, in order to please them and keep them satisfied with our services. Stateline Lodge is an affordable accommodations facility for all individuals either on vacation or as nightly stays. We are a AAA approved accommodations facility and an affiliate of the El Dorado County Environmental Health Planning Association, therefore required to meet certain standards and guidelines which makes filth and dump certainly not one of the requirements. The lodge was built in the 1960’s to accommodate the Winter Olympic, and since than has gone through many renovations and changes through the years. Our winter season is a very busy one, bringing in a lot of ski equipment and much snow. Those situation tend to damage our rooms, but we repeatedly maintain them and take great pride that the room we give out to our guests have been double checked by a staff member or a supervisor in order for a booking to take place. Under no circumstances do we overlook or bypass inappropriate room conditions for guests. We like to treat everyone as family, for we are a privately owned Lodge with a lot to learn and much more to achieve.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2004

I'm really confused. The previous two reviews must be of a different hotel than the one that I stayed in because the Stateline Lodge that my girlfriend and I stayed in was a dump. The room reeked of smoke (even after reserving a "non-smoking" room). The bathroom just felt dirty. The carpets were stained. My girlfriend wrapped a towel that she brought around the pillow because she was afraid to put her face on it. And the TV didn't even work. The mini-fridge did work, thank god, because we had food to put in it. Anyway, there are a ton of "lodges,""Inns," and "motels" in South Lake. And barring the casinos, they all look pretty dumpy (with the exception of the Holliday Inn Express and the Marriot). Although I'm sure that many of the other places to stay were just as crappy, by no means was I satisfied with the Stateline Lodge.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2004

We visited lake Tahoe many times, has always been stayed in the Harrars Hotel.On the April 9, 10 of 04, Harrars Hotel was full, while we walking around seeking for another hotel, there was a Stateline Inn at one block from the casino, it has palm trees around hotel, bird sang while we woke up on the morning I could bring my coffee to my porch from my bed room..A charm trip and so different from the big city of San Francisco, I do think I would be visit this nice Inn with friendly employees again.If you have a new plan I wish you try this hotel, you will not be sorry for..

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member