It sure is a scary drive from Reno to Lake Tahoe. I would have been petrified if there had been ice on the roads. I probably will not go back to Lake Tahoe for this reason.
The resort it's self met and exceeded my expectations. We had a very nicely decorated room and from what I've read we didn't even get a new room. We traded our time share week so it cost us practically nothing except for the parking fee which is now $12 a day.
When we checked in we were asked if we wanted a "tour" which meant the Time share spiel, we said No and no ever bothered us again at the resort. Everyone was very friendly, and anxious to assist and suggest things, make reservations or whatever we needed. Request for new towels was promptly fulfilled. I felt they really go out of their way to make the guests happy. (And the staff is just so darn perky it feels phoney)
I loved the valet parking regardless of the cost//tips. (But then again I valet park at the airport too)
We ate at many restaurants in Tahoe and as cited by others, nothing was that great and it was all overpriced. We even went to the Chart House, the service was not good, my husband said the clam chowder was the worst he ever had. Other food at Chart House just Ok. We did have an awesome sunset view there.
At Heavenly Village we ate at Wolfgang Puck Express several times. They had Creme Brulee on the menu and we checked there 4 days in a row and didn't have it. Very disappointing.
The resort has a restaurant and we did have breakfast there at the end of our vacation and it was cooked Perfectly. We meant to go back for dinner but ran out of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort puts you amid the setting for the vacation of a lifetime. Come each season, you will find different scenery, not to mention a variety of different seasonal activities. It's hard to imagine anything could beat the views and variety you get when you plan your visit to beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California. This is an area built around the reason for the breathtaking panorama, Lake Tahoe, America's largest Alpine lake. From sight to touch, you will revel in the wonders of the sapphire-blue water of the lake, perfectly situated right at the base of the stunning, snow-capped mountain peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Hotel Lake Tahoe (California)
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort CA