Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort is a timeshare resort owned and operated by Diamond Resorts International. The resort occupies one of the rare top spots at lake tahoe being located just a few feet away from the lakeshore. If you are lucky enough you get one of the few rooms with a lake view. The resort is currently (2013/2014) being renovated completely and the rooms are upgraded to the new Diamond standard. We had a Deluxe studio. The "Deluxe" in front of any room description currently refers to the fact whether the unit has already been upgraded or not. The studios are on the small side compared to other resorts but we did not mind at all. However if you plan to use the kitchenette for breakfast, lunch or dinner, I would recommend to book a 1 bedroom unit instead. The resort offers many amenities such as Wi-Fi, pools, bar, restaurant, Concergie service, pool table and more. During the renovations valet parking was mandatory which was understandable as self-parking would have created a big mess with the construction using the majority of the available parking spaces. Valet parking is free of charge for owners so we did not mind at all. Of course the ongoing construction was bothersome at times, but we were lucky enough to get a unit which was not facing the construction site. I could have cared less anyways as - probably because of the ongoing construction - the units were deeply discounted if you booked them using your points. My entire week in the Deluxe studio cost me about $100 worth in points - so no complaints here. If you are not an owner and they do not offer discounts I would wait until the renovations are completed - but then you definitely have to stay at this wonderful property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort puts you amid the setting for the vacation of a lifetime. Come each season, you will find different scenery, not to mention a variety of different seasonal activities. It's hard to imagine anything could beat the views and variety you get when you plan your visit to beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California. This is an area built around the reason for the breathtaking panorama, Lake Tahoe, America's largest Alpine lake. From sight to touch, you will revel in the wonders of the sapphire-blue water of the lake, perfectly situated right at the base of the stunning, snow-capped mountain peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Otel, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Hotel Lake Tahoe (California)
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort CA