“Lovely Location with Lake Views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort

Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort
Sacramento
“Lovely Location with Lake Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

LTVR is a timeshare facility with decent amenities. Located near the lake, and within walking distance to excellent restaurants, the resort is good for a few day getaway. Rooms are functional with small kitchen and eating areas off a living room. The only downside is that the rooms are subject to external noise from the hallways and the outside. Also, it is wise to avoid the sales people who are pushing hard the timeshare aspect of the resort.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SeasonTraveler2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Turkish first
Clayton, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We have been owners at this resort since it became part of Diamond Resorts and was Embassy Suites. WE are here every August and have learned how to avoid the sales staff. The sales people that have been here for a few years know me and my wife by name and greet us as soon as we arrive. No hassle but a quicky pitch. If you are to go to a presentation you can usually walk away with lots of perks. Keep saying no until they hit you with the good stuff. Enough of that, the regular staff is very helpful and Rob the bartender is the best. Always great to visit with him while waitinf=g for the room to be readied. We always take a 2 bedroom lockout and have only been disappointed once. Very comfortable beds and furniture, flat screen TV in every room, teeny kitchen but thta's ok. If you like to walk you can walk to the casinos

Room Tip: Upper floors with lake view is ideal.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank HZPZ
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I checked in without any issues, but as we walked out of the lobby a tall man blocked the exit and told us to go a different way, shuffling us toward an awaiting sales staff employee. After a 7 hour drive our 2 children, under the age of 5, were antsy to get moving. I asked if this was a necessary part of checking in and they both emphatically said yes.

After not taking no for an answer I finally started walking away because our children were being loud and running around. The woman wouldn't even let us go to our room despite me telling her that they had to use a bathroom. Instead she insisted that we just use a lobby restroom located around the corner. She finally got irritated by our kids and gave us some info to "think about".

Less than an hour later our phone was ringing in the room, I refused to answer it knowing that it was the saleswoman. Our phone intermittently rang throughout the weekend and we knew they were trying to drag us into a timeshare meeting despite the fact that we told them we would not attend due to our short stay.

Despite the renovations around the facility our rooms were very nice and quiet. We used it only as a "hotel" on the weekend so you don't get maid service when you do this. It's been 3 weeks since I've stayed there and they still haven't taken off the $100 hold on my credit card for incidentals. I refuse to call to have it removed because I don't want them to keep me on the phone with more sales tactics.

This would have been a great stay with it's location and nicely sized rooms, but the sales staff was just unbearable. The parking rates are ridiculous as well, but they seem unavoidable. If you can stomach the intense sales tactics then this place was a great bargain for the size and quality of the rooms.

Room Tip: The two bedroom lock off is great for family that wants to be close, but still have privacy. They h...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Natalie P
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a ski vacation. The hotel's amenities were lacking. If one wanted a pool or hot tub it required driving to a sport/rec center. Also, valet parking was required, was >$20/day, and was often slow. The room in which we stayed was recently renovated and had a nice kitchen, bath, etc. Fortunately, it dumped snow on the mountains while we were there and as a result spent little time in our hotel aside from sleeping. My only complaint about the room was its thermostat didn't respond to our adjusting it cooler. As a result, the room was especially warm and dry.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank FaithieG
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were there with our daughter and family. The two bedroom lock-off was ideal accommodation. Staff was friendly and helpful. As it was still under renovation the pool and gym was closed. We were there for the skiing somthat really didn't matter. We have booked again for next year when all should be completed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank laksa23
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were invited to stay here by Diamond Resorts who must have mined our data courtesy of a timeshare exchange we did last year. Their marketing people called incessantly and the offer kept getting better so we finally gave in and agreed to come for 4 nights at a much reduced rate. We had a previous good experience with Diamond so the thought of sitting through a 90 minute timeshare presentation wasn't terrible. We had some interest in another time share as well. I normally skip these things if I'm not interested because I don't like the feeling that I'm taking advantage of their offer just to get a deal on staying at the resort.

We did understand that the pool/spa was closed for renovation. When we checked in they immediately informed me that I'd be paying a $20 resort fee each night in addition to the stay price. I protested that I had absolutely no notification of a resort fee and that stuff needs to be disclosed in advance. The snooty check in person promptly circled a line on the back of my reservation which said that I might have to pay a $20 parking fee. I told her that I had no car to park. Besides, a parking fee and a resort fee are different. The answer I got was "sorry - I can't check you in without your agreement." Since I had taken vacation time I decided that I had little choice in the matter. I paid the fee under protest. There isn't much of a resort here so a "resort fee" made little sense. No open pool or spa. One pool table. A tiny recreation room. A very small bar. What resort? The place is just a hotel with a kitchen in the rooms. Homewood Suites by Hilton does a better job. Even the lock out room is strangely situated. It is not connected to the main room. On the second day of the stay we had our "tour" of the property and the agent simply would not answer our questions in a timely fashion. We wanted to skip the fluff and get to the details of what costs are, what the program is, what the fees are, etc.... After nearly an hour and a half she finally started answering the questions we had. The prices were astounding so we decided we weren't interested. Then in comes another "manager" who offered a less expensive version. Sorry, at this time we were simply not going to buy into such a high pressure sell job. Then we got a third manager with yet another lower price offer. They should have answered our questions up front and we might have considered one of the smaller choices, but by this time (2 hrs) we just wanted to escape. What a zoo. Once we made it very clear we were leaving, the tone went from slightly annoying to downright rude. In short, they really upset me. I was mad at being lied to about the "resort fee" and the sales people were some of the worst I have encountered in my many years of travelling. There is nothing to offer at this so called resort. It is just a hotel that happens to be located near Heavenly Valley ski resort. I wasted my vacation days and spent money I wasn't happy about.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
20 Thank traveloften028

Travelers are raving about these Lake Tahoe (California) hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!!!

We are so thankful to have been able to be a guest here at the Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort. The accommodations are magnificent and the staff is dutiful, efficient and incredibly responsive. We had two minor service needs and the staff response was impeccable. I believe the gentleman who fixed the oven door yesterday not only answered the service request within minutes, he came back with parts and fixed it, I believe in less than 20 minutes!!!

If it's in God's will, we will DEFINITELY make a return trip and tell others about this beautiful home away from home and Diamond Resorts International!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family