I checked in without any issues, but as we walked out of the lobby a tall man blocked the exit and told us to go a different way, shuffling us toward an awaiting sales staff employee. After a 7 hour drive our 2 children, under the age of 5, were antsy to get moving. I asked if this was a necessary part of checking in and they both emphatically said yes.
After not taking no for an answer I finally started walking away because our children were being loud and running around. The woman wouldn't even let us go to our room despite me telling her that they had to use a bathroom. Instead she insisted that we just use a lobby restroom located around the corner. She finally got irritated by our kids and gave us some info to "think about".
Less than an hour later our phone was ringing in the room, I refused to answer it knowing that it was the saleswoman. Our phone intermittently rang throughout the weekend and we knew they were trying to drag us into a timeshare meeting despite the fact that we told them we would not attend due to our short stay.
Despite the renovations around the facility our rooms were very nice and quiet. We used it only as a "hotel" on the weekend so you don't get maid service when you do this. It's been 3 weeks since I've stayed there and they still haven't taken off the $100 hold on my credit card for incidentals. I refuse to call to have it removed because I don't want them to keep me on the phone with more sales tactics.
This would have been a great stay with it's location and nicely sized rooms, but the sales staff was just unbearable. The parking rates are ridiculous as well, but they seem unavoidable. If you can stomach the intense sales tactics then this place was a great bargain for the size and quality of the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort puts you amid the setting for the vacation of a lifetime. Come each season, you will find different scenery, not to mention a variety of different seasonal activities. It's hard to imagine anything could beat the views and variety you get when you plan your visit to beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California. This is an area built around the reason for the breathtaking panorama, Lake Tahoe, America's largest Alpine lake. From sight to touch, you will revel in the wonders of the sapphire-blue water of the lake, perfectly situated right at the base of the stunning, snow-capped mountain peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Hotel Lake Tahoe (California)
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort CA