We did not like the high pressure to take the tour, salesman was not pushy however. Wish we had a nicer room with a view. The lake and mountains around the lake are are among the most breathtaking we have seen in the US. Took the evening dinner boat ride. Food was excellent and the entertainment very good. We also had a rental car and drove around the whole west side of the lake. More oohs and aahs.
There wasn't a lot to do (shopping or restaurants) unless you want to gamble at the casinos. That was evidently the major entertainment. We didn't want to do that, so we watched some dvd's we brought in the evenings. You can also borrow from the hotel's selection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort puts you amid the setting for the vacation of a lifetime. Come each season, you will find different scenery, not to mention a variety of different seasonal activities. It's hard to imagine anything could beat the views and variety you get when you plan your visit to beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California. This is an area built around the reason for the breathtaking panorama, Lake Tahoe, America's largest Alpine lake. From sight to touch, you will revel in the wonders of the sapphire-blue water of the lake, perfectly situated right at the base of the stunning, snow-capped mountain peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Hotel Lake Tahoe (California)
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort CA