Just spent a week here in a studio unit using RCI points. We had a very nice first floor room (130 B) with 2 queen beds and a mini kitchen that was better equipped then we had expected. My wife said the beds and sheets were the nicest resort beds she had ever slept on. The flat screen TV received over 50 channels and there was also a DVD player and clock radio with an iPhone charger available.
There is construction going on at the resort (we did our homework and knew about it in advance). It proved to be a very minor inconvenience. The valet people were great, really hustling to keep things moving (the cars are kept in a secure location about a block away) but never forgetting to ask if we needed directions. They even recommended a small Italian restaurant down the street which was very good and inexpensive after having had several expensive beachfront meals.
As with all timeshares, following check-in, we were pitched to attend a "welcome breakfast (usually a timeshare pitch)." Having been through this before at other timeshares we quickly declined and were never bothered again.
The outdoor pool area is a bit small but yet to be remodeled so that may improve. There is an indoor pool for use during Winter months. You are also right at Ski Run Bl. and the beach is less then 5 minutes away. So do you really want to be at the pool?
There is also a full service bar with a limited draft beer selection but additional craft beers available in the bottle. We tried the restaurant for a quick meal while catching a pre-season NFL game at the bar. My fish and chips meal was very good, but my wife's half chicken was the smallest half chicken we had ever seen. We were not sure if it was half a game hen or maybe just half a chick. We didn't use them, but laundry rooms are available on all upper floors.
All-in-all we really enjoyed our stay, the new rooms are very, very nice and we have already booked 2 one bedroom units for next summer, planning to bring family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort puts you amid the setting for the vacation of a lifetime. Come each season, you will find different scenery, not to mention a variety of different seasonal activities. It's hard to imagine anything could beat the views and variety you get when you plan your visit to beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California. This is an area built around the reason for the breathtaking panorama, Lake Tahoe, America's largest Alpine lake. From sight to touch, you will revel in the wonders of the sapphire-blue water of the lake, perfectly situated right at the base of the stunning, snow-capped mountain peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Vacatia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Hotel Lake Tahoe (California)
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort CA