I have stayed at a couple of dumps in South Lake Tahoe, and I am happy to report this is not one of them. We had a two bedroom unit, and we loved that there were two separate entrances. This was nice because we have a baby and the other couple we travelled with did not. I am sure they appreciated this as well. The hotel is in great proximity to the lake and restaurants, and we liked that is was a little removed from the casinos.
The room was recently renovated. Unfortunately during our trip, there was still quite a bit of renovation going on so we heard construction noise early in the morning. This didn't bother us, because as I mentioned, we have a baby and we are up at the crack of dawn anyway. But for you folks who sleep more than 5 hours a night.. this may be a problem. The kitchenette has an oven, microwave, dishwasher, sink, refrigerator and is stocked with anything you may need to cook or dine in your room. We only ate out 2 meals our entire stay, and the rest of the time ate in the room. The bathrooms were a good size and the room seemed clean. There is also a DVD player in the room. The staff was VERY nice and helpful.
There is a $16 fee for parking a day, and you have to park across the street. You can also choose to valet park (no extra cost - except for the tip). You will be hounded to go to a timeshare presentation, we chose not to go - so I don't have any insights how annoying that may end up being.
Overall, it was a great place to stay and I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort puts you amid the setting for the vacation of a lifetime. Come each season, you will find different scenery, not to mention a variety of different seasonal activities. It's hard to imagine anything could beat the views and variety you get when you plan your visit to beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California. This is an area built around the reason for the breathtaking panorama, Lake Tahoe, America's largest Alpine lake. From sight to touch, you will revel in the wonders of the sapphire-blue water of the lake, perfectly situated right at the base of the stunning, snow-capped mountain peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Vacatia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Hotel Lake Tahoe (California)
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort CA