We would like to give feedback on an unsatisfactory experience with a hotel we booked on CheapTickets in response to an email solicitation that I received. We had a reservation for three nights here at the Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, which is part of Diamond Resort International.
Upon our arrival, we were told that there would be a $16 per night parking fee. Nowhere on the email confirmation that I had gotten did it mention this fee. The clerk said that this was their policy but I felt that this change was unfair given that we were not told about it when I made the reservation. I called CheapTickets who got a different hotel clerk on the line who told me the exact same thing. She then took me to the hotel’s website and showed me a statement that read “other fees may apply” and used this as her argument that we should have expected this! I asked that the manager be consulted; as a compromise the manager agreed to give us a debit card in the amount of $25, less than half of what we were going to be charged.
This was only the start of the worst hotel stay we have ever experienced. We were told that there was construction going on in the hotel and that it may be noisy; that was an understatement. The drilling above our room began at 9:15am and continued off and on until 5:30pm. This information was not included when we made our reservation.
Additionally, there was no maid service included in our room charge. Nothing, nada, zip. There was one packet of coffee in the room, but a note that said additional coffee could be purchased at the front desk.
The room was not very clean: the rug did not look vacuumed and the bathroom had what looked like toothpaste on the cabinets. Although there was a microwave in our room, the dishes had food particles stuck to them. The small refrigerator ran noisily all night long.
There was “free” Internet in the room, provided you were an AT&T customer. Otherwise, you would be charged $7 a day. There was limited cell phone usage in the room.
Needless to say, this was not a fun get-away. Apparently, Diamond in a “member” resort and I wonder it they treat their members the same way. We will not be staying here or at any other Diamond Resorts in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort puts you amid the setting for the vacation of a lifetime. Come each season, you will find different scenery, not to mention a variety of different seasonal activities. It's hard to imagine anything could beat the views and variety you get when you plan your visit to beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California. This is an area built around the reason for the breathtaking panorama, Lake Tahoe, America's largest Alpine lake. From sight to touch, you will revel in the wonders of the sapphire-blue water of the lake, perfectly situated right at the base of the stunning, snow-capped mountain peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Vacatia, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Hotel Lake Tahoe (California)
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort CA