This "resort" is not up to par with other Diamond Resorts we own as part of the US Collection. Our "Standard Studio" room is on par with the Motel6 room we stayed at en route, except the Motel had daily maid service, a slightly larger space, onsite free parking, and free WiFi. In addition the Motel listed the standard room rate as $80/night incl. taxes whereas the Resort listed the standard room as $425 per night before taxes - definately not worth that. Maid service is supposed to be every three days, yet in our 2 week stay they missed it twice. The first time it took them two days and three calls later to get some clean linen and then they forgot to restock empty shampoo/conditioner bottles. It was crazy that they managed to forget the next scheduled cleaning service a second time despite a confirmation call from myself earlier in the morning! Construction in the community was crazy - but outside of their control. Valet parking is complimentary but expect to wait 1/2 hour for your vehicle during busy times morning and evening - no on-site parking is available anywhere near the resort. And as this is a timeshare resort, expect the typical high-pressure sales pitches. The $125 Visa gift they offer and definately not worth it. Remember - all timeshares, including this one, are for sale for literally pennies if you look on the internet so NEVER get sucked into buying one!!! The plus - good location to marina, restaurants, and bike paths. But every other location in South Lake Tahoe can claim the same thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort puts you amid the setting for the vacation of a lifetime. Come each season, you will find different scenery, not to mention a variety of different seasonal activities. It's hard to imagine anything could beat the views and variety you get when you plan your visit to beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California. This is an area built around the reason for the breathtaking panorama, Lake Tahoe, America's largest Alpine lake. From sight to touch, you will revel in the wonders of the sapphire-blue water of the lake, perfectly situated right at the base of the stunning, snow-capped mountain peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Vacatia, TravelUp, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Hotel Lake Tahoe (California)
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort CA