We stayed at this time share resort and had a pleasant time. The resort is under construction/renovation, so be prepared to see trucks, workmen and port a potties! That was the view from our room (5th floor). The room was quiet though if all the windows and doors were shut. We had a king deluxe suite, very nice, renovated and the fireplace was a treat on the chilly mornings. The valet parking is a rip off!! $16.00 a day. If you can walk across the street, the resort does offer free parking in an elevated parking lot. No elevator available, only stairs. The beach is small and they have plenty of water sports available. We did the Tahoe Queen trip ( 2hours) around the lake @ $42.00 each (senior rate). It was beautiful. There are plenty of shops nearby and the Gondola (chair lift) is right down the road. Casino's are also near by Stateline. We took a ride to "Tallac Historic Site", about 2.5 miles North of South Lake Tahoe, it is a compound of 3 historic estates. Beautiful, on the lake, lots & lots of walking. But worth it!
Restaurants are near by. We went to Fresh Ketch, excellent seafood. Blue Angel, organic and great food. Red Hut across the street from the resort, convenient, good food. The resort does have Bar-B-Q grills if you choose to use them. Overall good trip. The Lake is absolutely, crystal clear beautiful. Worth the trip just to see the lake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort puts you amid the setting for the vacation of a lifetime. Come each season, you will find different scenery, not to mention a variety of different seasonal activities. It's hard to imagine anything could beat the views and variety you get when you plan your visit to beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California. This is an area built around the reason for the breathtaking panorama, Lake Tahoe, America's largest Alpine lake. From sight to touch, you will revel in the wonders of the sapphire-blue water of the lake, perfectly situated right at the base of the stunning, snow-capped mountain peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vacatia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Hotel Lake Tahoe (California)
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort CA