Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Tahoe Beach and Ski Club(South Lake Tahoe)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Alder Inn(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Pinewood Inn(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Travel Inn(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Tahoe Hacienda Inn(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Days Inn South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Super 8 South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchentime share presentationindoor outdoor pooltimeshare presentationtimeshare pitchliving roomone bedroom unitlaundry roomsnew wingthrough rciski runactivity centerair hockeyvalet servicedaily parking feeheavenly valleyself parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We rented multiple rooms for our wedding, which was being held just up the street. Each reservation had to be made separately, there was never any talk of a bulk rate or any indication whatsoever that I was talking to a person and not a robot. Since everyone using the rooms were coming from different parts of the country, and arriving at different times I had to keep going back to give them my credit card, even though they had one on file. Also happening this weekend were a Maroon Five concert, Robin Williams show, and a celebrity golf tournament. I'm sure the local officials took all of that into account when they planned massive roadwork that was taking place.

All of this would have been different if the Resort had anything other than Valet parking. Not handy when you have to run in and check someone in and run out. The Valet people did work with me a couple of times, but they made it a nightmare for my Bride. To make a long story short she had to climb into a jacked up, highly lifted pick up truck, in her wedding dress, in order to be on time for our wedding. Maybe a great visual for a cable show, but not very practical in real life.

Once we returned from the wedding everything was fine, with these two exceptions: each room is reached by going through a door for suites A & B. a very weird set up. For example if you're staying in Suite A and the people staying in Suite B lock the outside door, you wouldn't know if someone came by your room. The other exception is the place is laid out like a maze.

Everything else was wonderful, the concierges were friendly and knowledgeable, bell hops were great, we lacked for nothing in our room. Checkout was a breeze, and they even found my car and I had been too stupid to get a claim the night before.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan T
MichaelPena, General Manager at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you very much for your review and congratulations on the wedding. With a function like this and a group list of rooms I can certainly understand the importance of the expectations for everything to go as smoothly as possible. My apologies for the group reservations being made all in one name making it limited for options to check in. We do require the name of the reservation to be present at check in.

However, if you ever find yourself in a group setting and want us to set everything up for you prior to your arrival here at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort please do not hesitate to email me:

Michael.Pena@DiamondResorts.com

Or, for anything you need prior to arrival.

I agree with you on the road work in town. The state wants to beat the winter and get everything wrapped up before then. We also can’t wait till the road projects are completed. We have also taken care of the foyer door with the “A” and “B” side option.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and my apologies for the small bumps during your stay. When you and your bride return, I am confident that we will exceed your expectations.

See you back soon.

Yours in Hospitaity,

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We recently traded some of our vacation club points to stay here over the 4th of July holiday. It's an ok place for families, but nothing very memorable about it really other than the construction going on, which is understood, but do it right at least. There were some very big eyesores, with plastic flapping in the breeze, not what you want to see at the pool. Oh, but they decided to close the pool on July 3rd and 4th. Whoever the project manager is should consider timing maybe? The rooms are decent and the staff could care less about your existence unless you buy into their sales pitch. The lady that wouldn't take no for an answer from me confirmed a reservation for us for dinner, even left me a voicemail to redo firm it. We the 8 of us arrived at the Riva Grille for dinner, SURPRISE, no reservation was ever made under yor name sir, sorry. Maybe I should've bought a membership at the Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort so my 2 & 5 year olds could've eaten dinner. It was obviously done with intent, but it doesnt really matter, it wasn't worth bringing up to the manager sincerity would've meant having to get another lame sales pitch.

Room Tip: Would only recommend if someone had no other decent options and doesn't pay attention to detail.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jokin40

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort.

We know that traveling on vacation is important and especially during the 4th of July. We fill up quickly for the 4th of July and the premium rooms will go a year out in advance. So get your reservation in early and make your requests. Although requests are not guaranteed we can certainly look hard and get you a room you will be please with.

As we are in a full blown construction renovation there really is no good time to do this project. However, we can focus on the details to improve the living during stays. I will look into this and I assure you and all that we will deliver a great guest experience.

My apologies for your dinner reservation mix up. I will get with our Concierge team to see what happened to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

I wish you all the best on all your travels.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort the week of June 2, 2012. We booked our stay through Global Discovery Vacations. The resort is lovely. It is ON the lake. Literally. They have lots of water sport amenities on site. You can rent your own small boat and take a tour of the Lake. They have a shopping village with restaurants. We didn't eat in them because they were quite pricey. There is also a beach by the lake.

We had a one bedroom condo on the ground floor. It was spacious enough for two people. I think it would have been a tight fit for more. They do have two bedroom accommodations as well which offer excellent privacy in both bedrooms. The kitchen was well stocked with utensils, blender, coffee maker, microwave, stove, refrigerator and dishwasher. The kitchen area was a little tight, so we just moved the table more into the living room. The bathroom was large. Poorly designed. I would have made the bathroom smaller and given the space to the kitchen, but that's just me. The room had a small terrace with table and chairs ....(sadly overlooking the parking lot and construction)

There was a gas fireplace. The living room was adequate size but the furniture was a little old, but sturdy and usable.

The pool area was very nice and they had two hottubs .... one inside and one outside. The sauna was.... not hot. They also had grills outside available to all guests. And they had an onsite convenience store.

The hotel was within walking distance of the casinos.... less than one mile away. It was close to the biking and hiking trails. I don't think you could ask for a better location.

When we arrived, the dishwasher was broken. Which meant that the dishes were not quite clean and had to be washed before we could use them. Also, the faucet in the kitchen sink didn't work so well either. You could only turn the water on if you held the spout with one hand and turned the water on with the other hand. We reported both to the front desk when we went out and both were repaired by the time we got back. They gave us the option of being in the room when the service people went in. But there's a safe in the room and really nothing to steal from us, so we left and were quite happy to find it all fixed when we returned.

The construction made things quite inconvenient. Now, I have to say that we knew there would be construction. And we knew that there would be ONLY valet parking at a cost of $16 a day. What we didn't understand is what that would mean to us. Before you left the room, you had to call to ask them to bring your car around. But if you forgot to call, it could be a long wait...... as much as thirty minutes. There was parking right outside the back door of the hotel ten feet from our room, but we could not use it because they were storing construction stuff there. You had to use valet parking. But I didn't consider what I would feel like each time I asked them to bring me my car or take it back...... in terms of tipping these kids. I finally resigned myself to feeling guilty and did not tip them. I felt I was already paying a ridiculously high price for parking. But the whole thing made me feel...... uncomfortable. I complained about the parking fee at the end of our stay when I settled the bill and they did take off two days of parking fees.

The other thing that was AWFUL, was the attack mode of the people at the concierge desk to get you to sign up for a timeshare presentation. We knew this would happen based on the reviews that we read. So we were prepared to sign up and my husband took a helicopter ride over Lake Tahoe for about $100 less than what we would have paid without the timeshare presentation discount.

But you could not walk past the concierge desk without someone in your face. And after pushing us so hard to sign up, they then called us and asked if we would mind changing the date and time of our presentation because they overbooked. We said we could not change it because we had other plans. And so it all worked out. We got our discount. A lovely young woman realized early on that we were not going to spend $20,000 for points in the Diamond Resort Timeshare Program and cut us loose pretty quickly to deal with the other guests that were waiting.

To end on a nice note, the weather in June was wonderful. We were not there to ski. We were there to go biking, hiking, sight seeing and make our donation to the casinos. The days were warm and sunny. The mornings cool and we even had snow. The evening also cool, and one night really cold. Bike rentals were not expensive and they have excellent trails all around the lake. We saw a mother bear and her two cubs (about twenty feet away). The scenery is spectacular. The air fresh and clean. It was a wonderful holiday.

Yes, I would stay there again in a heartbeat...... especially after the construction is over.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Diana D
diamondresorts, Owner at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you very much for your detailed review – we’re glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort!

We encourage all guests to speak to our reception team if they have any issues during their vacation, and we’re pleased that they were able to fix the issues with the apartment’s dishwasher and faucet.

We’re sorry to read about your dissatisfaction with the valet parking fee, but we’re glad that the reception staff were able to bring your concerns to a satisfactory resolution.

While many of our guests appreciate the opportunity to find out more about our products, you aren’t obliged to attend any meetings unless you’re staying on a promotional vacation, if you don’t wish to do so, and we’re sorry for any frustration or disruption caused to you by this.

We hope that these issues didn’t mar what we trust was an otherwise enjoyable stay, and we’re delighted to read that you’ll consider the Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort for future vacations. We look forward to being of service to you again soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Some reading this review might not now the Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort is a timeshare. But you can rent a room as if it was a hotel. I'm the owner of BLACKLIGHT TAXI who for nearly eight years sold timeshare for several different companies and even achieved becoming a Director of Sales at one point. I know the industry inside and out. I felt compelled to write a review of Diamond Resorts, the managing/developer of LTVR because the company is deserving of it. I'm no longer in timeshare, but I've been an owner of a timeshare unit for over a decade. I'm not an owner at LTVR, but I am at Pacific Monarch Resorts. Bottom line, stay at the resort and give it a try. You can't beat the room quality or location. If you travel every year than you should already own one of these. Timeshare isn't for everyone, but it should be in my eyes. I recommend this developer over all the rest in the industry because they are very innovative on creating options for their owners. It's very easy to use which can be an issue with some of the companies out there. I'm an owner of one which is very hard to use, but I use it none the less because I learned how I needed to effectively use it. If you don't want to buy, so be it. You should stay there because for what you get on the rental of a unit, you would never see that price if it was a hotel.

Room Tip: I ranked room service zero because they don't have room service. I did the same for spa. Other than this, you'll like the set-up. When checking in, request a room in the wing which just finished the remodel. Have fun and visit LAKE TAHOE often...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Thank CLOSED black li... t

Thank you for your excellent review.

I appreciate you taking the time to share with all that we are a vacation ownership property here in South Lake Tahoe.

If you are an owner with us or a guest visiting us for the first time rest assured that you will be treated with great hospitality and that you will enjoy your stay with us.

We are fortunate for all who walk through our doors. You will not be disappointed at our resort.
Thank you for the recommendation and hope to have you stay with us soon.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Well said, Guest2507...We experienced the same bait and switch tactics employed by Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort that you did. DO NOT BOOK A STAY HERE!! Chances are you will arrive only to be told that you have to stay at a lesser property than what you paid for. I'm filing a complaint with Priceline and the Better Business Bureau of California.

We booked our reservations on Priceline well in advance of our arrival on July 17 only to learn that they had overbooked us. We had to be relocated to another hotel up the street - far off the lake. We paid to be next to the lake - but they knew before we arrived that there was no room. What's the point of reservations? This is a classic bait and switch operation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jay G
MichaelPena, General Manager at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for your review and taking the time to voice your concern.

As a resort we look to financially stabilize our resort by maximizing the HOA room inventory. In the business, along with many hotels and resorts there is a no showing and a last minute cancellation factor.

We are comfortable with a small percentage to accommodate to ensure our association doesn’t have to pay for the vacant room night. This helps the maintenance fee be stable and allows us as a management company to provide a full service product program to the members of the HOA.

I certainly understand how you feel about this and especially if we have units that go down that are not rentable due to not being up to standard can compound the issue. I assure you that no matter what the issue is we will make it right. My apologies for this experience.

I wish you the best on all your future travel.

Michael.Pena@DiamondResorts.com