“I'd rather have a costco hotdog”
Review of Womack's BBQ - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

First of all, when we got seated there was a sewer like smell coming from the kitchen. That should have been our red light to get up and run out of there.
We decided, crazily, we would stay because we were in the mood for bbq & dismissing it as a rusty pipe. Big mistake. We ordered beef ribs which came with a small order of baked beans, potato salad and all you can eat bread.
When our food came out it was warm. I bit into the rib, which came on a bone, and instanly smelled and tasted what is best explained as stale, dated refrigerator stank. Horrible!! We ate our beans and bread but could not eat that meat . The server immediately insisted we would not be charged, moreover, I don't think I could have forced myself to eat it and I left starving but feeling nauseated from the taste of one old fridge rib. Never again!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Hole in the wall place - no view, no atmosphere, broken credit card machine, just great BBQ and really good dessert. Three sauces: Mild, Spicy and Cry Like a Baby Hot.

1  Thank dkhay
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The service was so bizzare and lethargic we actually thought Rod Serling would step out from the kitchen! We waited forever to get two beers and then when the "Bar-b-que" combination basket (yes un-identifiable animal product drowned in sauce resting in wax paper nestled in a dirty plastic basket) arrived it was cold. Could have been due to the fact it took forever to cook? Who knows. We then gave up on asking for utinsels and ended up going behind the counter and getting them ourselves. Please bear in mind an employee of the establishment sat at the customer side of the counter the entire time we were in the restaurant that had only TWO tables of patrons!! The should simply close or sell. It would be better for all concerned.

1  Thank BBQSavvy
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We ate there once shared the combo plate. We had friendly waitresses but we were very surprised that our side orders were served in what looked like sauce containers. The meat was not at all disappointing although if you are really hungry you may not feel you've had enough. For dessert we had the homemade sweet potato pie. The pie was soo good that we had to have some the next time we went to Tahoe.
Our second time up we decided we wanted to make sure to take home a whole pie, We intentionally waited until 12pm when they opened to pick one up and take it home. To my surprise they did not have a whole pie to sell. The owner said that she had slices but didn't have a whole pie. She said that there were 7 pieces in a pie and said that she would have to sell them by the slice. I then asked if she would sell me the 7 pieces for the pie price she said she would only sell them by the slice. I was disappointed I wasn't going to bring home a pie. I eventually broke down and purchased 6 slices, 1 slice shy of a whole & for $10.00 more than a whole pie looking for the same experience as the first. Disappointedly 2 of our six slices had a burnt crust. And I guess it really is never as good as the first time. I don't think that I will return and will learn to make my own pie.

1  Thank CJA_Road_trippin