“South Lake Tahoe Gem!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Brentwood, California
“South Lake Tahoe Gem!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We’re thankful to Christine and Rowena at 968 Park Hotel for sending us to the Stateline Brewery Restaurant, located in the chic outdoor mall by Heavenly Resort. We went every day of our stay and each time, were seated immediately, treated beautifully, and enjoyed delicious food and great beer on tap, brewed right on site. The complimentary appetizer was delightfully creative and totally irresistible: crispy golden homemade potato chips drizzled with a balsamic glaze and fresh minced parsley. As major beer connoisseurs we hoped the Stateline beers would make the grade, and can happily report that their Acclimator IPA with a crisp bite and citrusy Cascade hop finish hit the spot for us! Kids loved the hot cocoa and high-quality pizza too. Be sure to catch Happy Hour for a terrific value at this fun, upscale, casually elegant spot. We'll be habitués anytime we're in South Lake Tahoe, as with the beautiful, eco-friendly 968 Park Hotel across the street. Cheers!

Georgia
“Everything tasted great.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a very popular place, which translates into long waits, but still worth the wait. It had been a few years since I had eaten here and was disappointed to see my favorite items no longer on the menu. I had the black forest ham sandwich and steak chili, which were so, so delicious. The bread and mustard they used really made the sandwich. Unfortunately had one of the "slower" servers. Great atmosphere and fun place.

Visited December 2012
Campton, New Hampshire
“Pricey but tasty lunch- great service.”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We ordered two pizzas- the cubano and the chipotle chicken. I think that $14 for a 10 inch pizza is a bit much but honestly the flavor of each was very good. The mussels were delicious- served in a beer broth with bread. Our server allowed us to try a few different draft beers before we each decided on what we wanted to drink. The only complaint I had was that the dining area got smoky from the kitchen being open. Perhaps they should upgrade their exhaust system or maybe this was just an off day.

So Cal
“Limited on beers for a brewery”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

This place is way overrated. Ate lunch here after a rec from the marriott concierge, bad rec. I ordered the pork sandwich which tasted funky so I sent it back and ordered the chili which was decent but not as good as the driftwood cafe chili. Expensive for the quality but that's what one expects in a ski area. The ventilation is horrible and the open kitchen belched smoke into the dining area, at first I thought the place had a fire. Would not recommend. Maybe dinners are better.

San Francisco Bay Area
“Gluten-free-friendly restaurant!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We just had a lovely dinner at the Stateline Brewery in South Lake Tahoe! Our waiter, Leo was so knowledgeable about gluten-free/vegetarian options on the menu. I went in expecting to order a gluten-free pizza. They were out of gluten-free pizza dough until tomorrow--but make so many other gluten-free dishes. It was hard to choose but I ordered gluten-free pasta primavera. It was so delicious---even the rest of my group who could eat regular pasta said it was amazing!
The chef came out in person to talk to me which really is reassuring when you have dietary restrictions. He also let me know they have a gluten-free beer, Omission available---great for beer and pizza lovers. We are looking forward to eating here again. The fish and chips, salads and regular pizzas were all awesome as was the IPA beer on tap. Thanks for everything--especially the friendly staff.